The Hospital

She sat there impatiently waiting for the news. The news that would either break her heart or make it grow. If he didn't make it, he would die thinking he was hated by a petite brunette who he had fallen head over heals in love with. Aria couldn't handle that. The uncomfortable silence in the hospital's waiting room was scary to Aria. She couldn't imagine her life without Ezra. She couldn't imagine her life without the thought of him. He always made her feel like she was good enough. He was the only one who was able to comfort her in the supposed death of Alison. He kept her safe.

Aria looked around the room before her eyes met the door that symbolized her fate. That door would soon be telling her whether she would have a happy or devastating future. She couldn't imagine her life with anyone else. When she closed her eyes and went ahead to the day of her wedding, she always saw Ezra at the end of the aisle. He stood there smiling at his future wife, with tears threatening to spill out of his eyes. Aria would be way past crying, and tears would be trailing down her face. Every law they broke. Every time they fought for each other. The reason they did that would be for that moment. The happiest moment of their lives.

Aria thought even further into the future. She saw a house right outside of Boston, painted a pale green color. A big backyard, with an in-ground pool. It was winter, though, and she saw three people sitting together on a couch. They were laughing like one big family. Aria recognized herself and Ezra, but the third person was the most gorgeous one-year-old baby girl. She had blue eyes and deep brown hair with crazy curls in it. She giggled and giggled, like the happiest little girl in the world. Everything just seemed right. Aria couldn't imagine her life any other way.

She felt sick. Aria Montgomery felt sick. How was she not supposed to? Ezra Fitz, the love of her life, had taken a bullet for her, and when he was on the ground, fighting for his life, he was apologizing. Apologizing for the way he hurt Aria, when really Aria should have been apologizing for the way that she had hurt him. Aria and all of her friends could have been dead right now. -A was going to shoot them, but Ezra stepped in, risking his life in the process.

Aria got up and paced back and forth in the hospital. This was too much. Ezra couldn't leave her. He just couldn't. She went to the hospital's front desk, and asked the lady about Ezra. What does she know, she thought.

"Hi," Aria began, her voice shaking, "Do you know anything about Ezra Fitz or his current condition?" Her head hurt, her stomach hurt. Her heart hurt.

"I'm sorry. All I know is that he only has a half hour left in surgery and is responding as of now." The nurse replied. Aria thanked her and went back to sit down in one of the many empty chairs.

The time was pushing two in the morning, yet Aria wasn't even tired. She knew that she needed to stay in this building, awake, for Ezra. Ten minutes has passed, then fifteen, then twenty. Aria's phone rang. Ella was calling Aria, and no wonder, because the four girls had been missing all night, since they escaped the fashion show. Aria reluctantly picked answered the phone, though not wanting to tell anyone about what happened tonight.

"Hello?" Aria answered glumly.

"Aria, where are you? No one can find the four of you." Ella said sternly. She was angry, until she heard her daughter whimpering over the phone. "Aria, what's wrong?" Aria continued this as she was talking.

"It's Ezra, mom," Aria began. "He took a bullet for me. We were all about to be shot." Aria could undeniably hear her mother gasp over the phone. "He's in surgery, mom. He was shot. In the stomach." Aria was crying her eyes out, and she could tell that her mother was too.

"Aria, he'll be okay. Do you want me to come sit with you?" Aria declined her offer, even though it was generously of her to say that. "What happened tonight?"

"Alison's alive. She's alive. She told us everything that happened. But now it's -A. He or she has been back. They tried to kill us all. Ezra, though, knows who it is."

"Aria, it's going to be okay. As soon as you come home, you have to tell me everything. Give Ezra my best wishes." As Aria turned her phone of, she took a deep breath and sighed. Hopefully her mother's best wishes would work because she was losing hope.

She looked around the waiting room, which was virtually empty with the exception of her. The ticking clock seemed louder than usual as she waited impatiently to hear about Ezra's fate. He saved her life. The clock continued to tick, until it finally hit a half hour. Aria walked to the front desk again, and before she could even say anything, the lady said, "Go in, but be quiet." Aria did as she was told.

She felt the tears in her eyes well up when she saw Ezra's practically lifeless body hooked up onto all sorts of different machines. His stomach was moving between each time one machine helped him take a breath. Aria swallowed the lump that had been living in her throat and went over to Ezra. She kissed his forehead, and examined his condition.

He wasn't moving. Not a single inch. The IVs were poked through his arm to keep him safe and hydrated. The machine next to him beeped to symbolize his somewhat steady heart beat. It was the only noise in the room. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Aria sat down on a couch-type chair in his room. She vowed not to leave his side, until she knew for sure that he was okay. She slid her phone out of her pocket, and texted her friends, who were most likely on their way back to Rosewood.

Aria: Ezra is out of surgery. He isn't conscious, but he is as stable as he can be at the moment.

She put her phone back into her pocket and leaned against the wall standing behind her. This could have been her. It could have been Hanna. It could have been Emily. It could have been Spencer. It could have been Alison. But it was Ezra. She was beyond thankful that he made it through his long harsh surgery.

She thought about everything they had been through; all of the important quote-like that they had said to each other.

"Want to be real? Forget about theory."

"I thought about you every second I was gone."

"Do you have any idea how much I love you?"

"I love you just as much as I always have."

"I'm in love with your daughter."

The love between the two of them was the realest thing that Aria had. It was the realest thing that Ezra had. Let's face it; It's the realest thing in Rosewood.

The monitors continued to beep continuously, waiting for Ezra to wake up. They were a lot more patient than Aria. She stared at him with all of the love and the passion that she had in her. It was still mind-boggling that Ezra tried to apologize on that cold, hard ground.

It was this moment when Aria realized that the book didn't matter. It did no harm in their relationship. The only thing it did was bring them together. It made him talk to her that day in the bar. It made them fall in love. He stopped writing the book when he had fallen for her. He only started again when they were broken up. He knows it was wrong, and she knows it was wrong. But the important thing is that they realize that and are able to move past it.

The monitor sped up and slowed down every once in a while, but this time Ezra's eyes slowly opened. The looked up at the ceiling confused as to where he was. He then turned around to Aria, who was in shock that he was awake, with tears rolling down her red and puffy cheeks and eyes. She put her purse on the couch and walked over to Ezra. She leaned down and kissed his cheek, before whispering that she loved him. That she always has, and always would.

Ezra took his breathing mask off, and signaled for Aria to come forward. Aria did as she was told, and leaned her ear by her mouth.

Ezra took a deep breath before taking.

"CeCe Drake."

A/N: Here's the second chapter! I spent the whole day writing and editing it for you guys. I like the way it came out. Read, vote, and share! I'll hopefully have another chapter up within the next week but I don't know exactly when. Enjoy!