Welcome to the Second Year

Aria's second year of college was interesting, to say the very least. She always knew what she was doing, but sometimes, her thoughts got jumbled up into one big ball. You know those big balls of elastics that people put on office desks? Just like that, but it seemed everlasting.

Ezra, although he had previously learned how to live with Aria and all of her quirks, was left with his jaw to the ground with some of the things that happened in this year of college. He was strong, but there were just some moments where his temper rose, even in it never did burst.

Like most places, Aria's school started in September, it was a difficult transition. Her mornings weren't too early, but they are certainly early enough for Aria to want to sleep again. After a whirlwind summer, filled with love and simplicity, school was definitely not on the top of Aria's to-do list. Instead, she wanted to cuddle up with Ezra and be with him all day.

Ezra wasn't all that thrilled to be going back to work, either. He loved his job, and he loved being a teacher, but he also loved Aria. Summer could have been defined as the best ever, and now the young couple was finding it difficult to let go of. After all, Aria still missed her family. That was one this that she could never seem to get used to. Even so, Ezra was really all she needed. He gave her everything; love, friendship, and a shoulder to cry on.

Seems simple, right? Nope. Very, very wrong. Until November, Ezra would find Aria sobbing on the couch, drowning in the school work surrounding her. The 25 year old man knew that his girlfriend struggled occasionally with spurs of anxiety, but it had never been so constant. At least every two weeks, he would walk through the door of their apartment and see Aria wiping her tears, attempting to camouflage her tears.

It never fooled Ezra, though.

Her breathing was heavy, and when he wrapped his arms around her, he could feel her heart beating up and down, out of her chest. The tears would poor out of her eyes, while she breathlessly complained of seeing black spots. Ezra felt helpless, only being able to hug Aria, telling her that everything was okay and would work out.

It scared him, though.

Homework and studying could not be the only thing causing these attacks. There had to have been something underneath the surface making her feel this way. Little did Ezra know, he was a big part of the cause.

Every single day, Aria and Ezra would sit on their little couch and Ezra would rub his girlfriend's back, trying to get her to tell him what was wrong. It never worked. She never told him, and Ezra almost lost hope in it.

One day in early November, though, everything changed. Even though this day was emotionally traumatizing more tiny reasons, it could have been the breakthrough of the century, in Ezra's mind.

Like most other days, Ezra Fitz strolled through the door, and Aria was sitting on the couch, not as bad as usual, but she looked as though she was articulating thoughts throughout her head.

"You seem a little bit better, Aria," Ezra commented, walking towards the kitchen.

"Can you come here for a second?" Aria asked, her voice wavering back and forth just slightly.

Ezra walked to where Aria was sitting, and sat down directly next to her. Aria opened her mouth, but it took a second before she spoke, almost like she couldn't find the correct words.

"I don't deserve you, Ezra," she said, sorrow heard throughout her voice.

"Aria what are you talking about?" Ezra replied, concerned about the thoughts circulating in Aria's head.

"You've done everything for me," she began. "You've given up your whole life for me. You gave up your job. You got fired from a job. You stopped writing a book. You were shot. You haven't been able to see a world without me in the middle of it."