Get Out of Bed (A Week Later)

"C'mon Aria, get up," pleaded Hanna. "You can't spend the rest of summer I bed."

"Yes, I can," Aria hostilely replied.

Aria was still lying in her bed, more heartbroken as each day passed. Sure, she knew why Ezra broke up with her. She definitely did. It was just that she wasn't over him yet. She couldn't forget the blue eyes that always stared deeply into hers. She couldn't forget his deep, masculine voice. She couldn't forget anything about him, because he affected her life so much.

"That's it, Aria, we're going out." Hanna was determined to get Aria out side, a place she hadn't been for weeks. Ever since the breakup, Aria only left her room to go get food, and her house to cry at Spencer, Hanna, Emily, or Alison's house. She had no motivation to do anything. It was still the middle of July, and Aria Montgomery planned on sitting in her room, starring at a wall for the remainder of summer vacation.

Why?

Because she had never felt like this before. She didn't know how it felt to love someone, before she met Ezra. She'll never know how it feels again.

"Aria, take off those sweatpants before they blind me. Get up, but on some real clothes, and we're going wherever you want." Hanna couldn't stand to see her best friend like this. Her remaining mascara was running, her hair was in a messy topknot, and her clothes were awful. Yes, Hanna could see the pain in her eyes, but Hanna had also gone through breakups, and knew just the way to get over them.

"Mrs. Montgomery," Hanna called from Aria's room, into the kitchen. Ella refused to leave the house until Aria seemed a little bit better. At Hanna's shouting, she walked up the stairs and into her daughter's room.

"Hanna, you can call me Ella," Ella requested of her daughter's best friend. Hanna smiled and nodded, before speaking again.

"Please help me get her out of bed. I'm taking her out of this house, but she will not move," Hanna complained as she tried to pull the blanket off of Aria. It didn't even remotely work, though. Aria just clutched on to it harder.

"Aria," Ella began, "Go out with Hanna. It will get your mind off of things, and it will let you have some fun."

Aria groaned at her mother's attempt to get her out of bed. Nonetheless, she opened her eyes, and sat up, just a little bit. "What if I see him?" More tears trailed down her red face, before Ella and Hanna sat on opposite sides of the bed, comforting her.

"Don't cry, sweetie. He won't be wherever you go. I shouldn't be telling you this, but your father and I have both talked to him, and he hasn't left his apartment. He is just as torn up as you are." Ella didn't know how to comfort her, other than saying this.

"He he is?" Aria sniffled, taken aback at the information that he was sad, too.

"Aria, I've seen him, too, and he looks like a mess. He hasn't shaved, he looks lost, and he doesn't know who he is," Hanna continued.

"Really?" Aria asked, starting to calm down a little bit.

"Really, Aria. So get up, get some nice clothes on, do your hair, do your makeup, and show Ezra that you're alive." Hanna stated. She might as well be a motivational speaker.

Ella gave Hanna a mini high five and left the room so that Hanna and Aria could get ready for their day out. Aria was choosing where they were going, and Hanna was following along. Ella was thankful for Hanna, and for the fact that she was able to get Aria out of the house, into the fresh air.

As Hanna and Aria were finishing to get ready, they walked outside the door and got inside Hanna's car.

"Where do you want to go?" Hanna asked her friend.

Aria shrugged. She hadn't been anywhere in months, and didn't really want to be outside of the safety of her house. "I really don't care."

Hanna shrugged right back at her friend. "Amusement park it is," she told Aria. Aria gave her a look. Not just any look, though, Aria gave her a look that said why on earth are we going to a kiddie amusement park. Hanna gave her the explanation she wanted.

"We don't have to ride any rides," she said, sarcastically to Aria. "I just want to talk to you. But... I'm not opposed to riding any rides."

Aria laughed, to let her friend know that she wasn't either. "Please just don't pry."

Hanna gasped as if she was appalled, but Aria just rolled her eyes.

After another twenty minutes, the best friends arrived at FunPlace Amusement Park, located in Philly. They stepped out of the car and walked to the entrance, before Hanna payed for two tickets, just as she begged Aria to. When they finally stepped into the official entrance, with their tickets in Hanna's purse, Hanna decided to get the conversation going quickly.

"Have you texted him at all?" Hanna asked. Aria shot her a look, signaling that she didn't want to talk about Ezra. Hanna didn't care, though; she knew that talking was a part of healing, and Aria hadn't been talking.

"No, I haven't texted to him. I haven't talked to him. All I have are the pictures and the million memories," Aria reluctantly admitted, her voice wavering.

Hanna sympathetically looked at her best friend, knowing that Ezra was and is the love of her life. They were so in love, and she didn't understand all the way why they weren't together.

"You and Ezra are going to be just fine, Aria. If you aren't, tell me, so I can kick Ezra where it hurts."

Aria chuckled, picturing Hanna angry enough to do that. Hanna's sense of humor always made her mood a little bit more light and bouncy. 

"I love you, Han," Aria said to her best friend, expanding her arm into a side hug. Hanna smiled at her friend and hugged her back. 

It was still July and there was still much more of summer left to live with. It was hard to deal with life without Ezra, but Aria was managing. She had her friends, and she had her family.

After riding a few rides, and eating a not-healthy abundance of cotton candy and ice cream, Aria and Hanna exited the amusement park. They smiled at the little boys and girls smiling on the rides with big, cheeky grins.

As soon as Hanna dropped Aria back off at her house, Aria walked inside and directly into her room. She took her iPhone out of her pocket, and went through her contacts. She scrolled through, until she saw "Ezra" with a big red heart emoji. She hadn't had the guts to change it. Aria's finger wavered over the call button, hesitant to press it. She pressed it, though. Her finger gently touched the call button, and the rings when on, as she put the phone up to her ear.

It ringed once.

It ringed again.

It ringed once again.

It stopped ringing, and the voice mail came on.

As soon as the automatic voice stopped giving her instructions, she opened her mouth to speak.

"Hey," she began, "it's just me. I just wanted to call and say that I miss you a lot. I forgive you, and I understand, but I also love you. I hope you're having a nice summer, and I hope you're-"

Beep.