Freshman Year

After Ezra showed Aria the keys to their own apartment in central Boston, right near the campus, Aria was speechless. She didn't think that she could possibly love that man more than she did at that moment. She did, though. She loved him just a little bit more everyday. Every single day, Ezra Fitz did something that made Aria Montgomery fall in love even more.

The first month or so was full of adjustments. They had never lived together before, so they had to compromise on many things. There were late nights where Aria would get back to the small apartment, and it would be a complete mess, with Ezra sitting on the couch waiting for his girlfriend to get home. They would yell and fight, but by the end of the night, they would look deeply into each other's eyes, and going to bed peacefully.

This was a time for Aria and Ezra to figure out how to live together, and this meant that had to figure out how to maintain the good, fix the bad, and get rid of the ugly.

They both loved each other, for starters. They would do anything for each other. Each night, Aria would fold the laundry, while Ezra washed the dishes, as if they were in a movie. The two of them had a top-notch shower schedule, that could put all other ones to shame, and every night, each of them sat in the bed, reading their own books silently, sneaking a glance at each other whenever either of them craved to see the other.

At the same time as all of this, there were some things that could use some fixing. For example, Ezra despised when Aria would spend too much time applying makeup in the mornings. "You don't need makeup, you're already beautiful enough," he would say. Aria didn't care, and every time he complained, she added thirty more seconds in her head. So what if she was stubborn? Why did Ezra have to care; it was her makeup, not his. While Ezra, resented the time of applying makeup, Aria never understood why or how it took so much time for Ezra to do his hair. It was short, and the curl in it was barely there. He just wanted to look nice, but Aria wasn't having it.

Then there was the ugly. The things that needed to be thrown out; literally and figuratively. Aria couldn't stand it when she had a late night in school, and she had to come home to take-out boxes scattered through the apartment. Ezra couldn't stand it when she left her clothes all over the bedroom floor. That's what hangers are for. Of course, a screaming and yelling match would begin, but like always, in 60 seconds, the fighting would end, and the couple would go back to being in love.

This was just Aria and Ezra. They were practically a married couple, and fighting just came with the job. It didn't matter, either, as they just made up later. They loved each other.

Eventually, Aria and Ezra adjusted to living together and all was well. The take-out boxes were miraculously thrown away, and the college student learned how to use a laundry basket.

The leaves were turning brown, and falling off of trees, and November was here. Aria and Ezra only had one issue left. This issue, though, was pretty big. Thanksgiving was approaching, and Aria's family still didn't know that she was back with Ezra. Sure, they called, and sure, they asked about the roommate. Aria never lied, and she never used a pronoun. Her "roommate" was always great and always was up for some fun. It went over well with her parents, but now, they would have to find out about Ezra.

This scared the hell out Ezra.

"Aria, I can just stay here," he would say, pleading to let him just stay at the apartment, away from her family who probably hated him for not saying goodbye to her.

"You're coming," Aria would always say, trying to be controlling, when really, Ezra would always say yes just from seeing the look in her eyes.

A week later, guess who was driving down to Rosewood, with Aria in the passenger seat. Ezra!