Dear Diary: Aria

Dear Diary,
It hasn't really been the best few days. Right now, I feel as though every emotion possible is just slipping right out of me. I don't know what is going on with him and I, but I don't want to ask; that would involve seeing him. I don't hate him, but my resentment towards him is great. I thought we had this all planned out. I would visit, and he would visit. It wasn't like I was going to be trapped in a box, but now, I feel as though I am. In the past three days, I have left my room few times, and seen my parents less than that. My mom comes around sometimes, and I don't even think I've seen my dad at all. I want to talk to my mom, I really do. It's just that I don't want her to be angry with him because I can't see the future. I have no idea what will happen with us in five years. Or five days. Or five hours. I love him, and I know that he feels the same way about me. I just don't know where this thought of his came from. It's breaking my heart.
Aria

As Aria closed her prized diary, filled up with all of her thoughts, she heard a knock on her bedroom door. Initially she didn't answer, thinking that it was her dad or Mike. She didn't want them to see her like this. Her face was red and puffy from crying, and her head was spinning from all of the emotions she had been feeling.

"Aria, it's me." Aria recognized that voice as her loving mother weakly told her to come in. As she walked in, Ella frowned at her crying daughter. Maybe she wasn't crying right then, but she was definitely crying before. It didn't come as a surprise, though. Byron had called so that she would come over. He was worried about Aria; she had been locked in her room for days, and she hadn't spoken to anyone. If anyone knew how to fix it, it was Ella. The caring mom walked closer to Aria's unmade bed, and sat down next to where her daughter way laying. She pushed a piece of hair out of her face, and spoke.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" She asked.

Aria didn't answer. Instead, more silent tears dropped out of her eyes. She closed them, but Ella could still see the pain in them.

"Aria, you can tell me anything. I need to know what's wrong," Ella pleaded. Her baby girl was clearly in some sort of pain, and she was desperate to know why.

Aria took a deep breath and opened her swollen eyes. She looked up at her mother. This was a hard thing to say, but Aria wasn't quite sure why. It just was.

"He told be I needed to go to college single. That we needed to be apart," Aria managed to choke out. "He said he loved me, but I don't believe him."

Ella rubbed Aria's back in a motherly way, quite surprised at the fact that Ezra had ended the relationship between them. She, without a doubt, understood his state of mind; it would be difficult for the two of them to be together. Aria would be living quite far away, and Ezra could do nothing but visit. Aria being single had crossed her mind, but she had been almost positive that they would be married by the time Aria was 25, so it didn't matter. Maybe they would be married sooner than that, but now Ella didn't know. She was not expecting Aria to be upset over a breakup, because she never thought she would go through one. Anyone with at least an eye could see the love that the two of them shared.

"We had it all planned out," Aria said, beginning to let sobs run out of her mouth. "We had it all planned out. I would go down to Savannah, and come back here to visit during holidays and vacations. He would come when he could, and we were going to stay strong together." Aria couldn't stop crying over everything that could have been.

Again, all Ella could do was rub her crying daughter's back. She didn't know how to console Aria. Not only was this Aria's first love, this was dealing with her potential future. The future was a scary thing to Aria, but not knowing for sure that she would have Ezra made it worse.

"I used to hate that you were with him," Ella began. "Now, though, I think Ezra is the best thing that could have happened to you."

Aria's cries began to slow down and become more quiet. Ella continued to speak to her trembling daughter.