Happy Easter

There were only three more months until Aria graduated from high school. Those three months meant everything. It was a symbol of freedom for the two of them. They had made this relationship work with only a few small kinks, and now Aria would be a high school graduate. It would be officially completely legal for Ezra to be with the love of his life and vise versa. They couldn't wait until that final step that they would take together.

This Sunday marked Easter, and Aria and Ezra couldn't be more excited. At last, Ezra was invited to the Montgomery household for a holiday event, thanks to the young girl's persistent begging to her parents. He was in charge of bringing the key-lime pie; an easy task for Ezra and Aria. Byron and Ella clearly did not know the significance of pie.

It was currently Friday afternoon, and Aria was on her way to Ezra's house after school. Though she couldn't stay over, Byron wasn't okay with it, she would be staying until she felt tired, and Ezra would drive her home. Aria stood at the door, and knocked until Ezra opened the door, pulled her closer to him, and kissed her.

"Now should we bake the pie or order it from Paula's?" Ezra asked, hoping she'd like the first option.

"Bake it," Aria said, knowing that this would get pretty messy. She stepped into the kitchen section of the apartment and searched for the various pots and pans, until she found the perfect one to make a pie with. Ezra was across the kitchen, reaching for the different ingredients that would be needed to this task.

Aria brought the mixing bowl to the counter and placed it down, waiting for Ezra to come over with the ingredients. They, first, had to make the pie crust which did, in fact, become quite messy due to the flour being used. Ezra started the whole thing, by discreetly flicking flour at Aria, which she did back to him, before the starting going back and forth. By the time that was over, Aria had specks of the white power all over her face, and Ezra had managed to get it stuck in his hair.

This was going to be a long night ahead of them.

Until 10:30, Aria and Ezra sat on the couch watching a movie together. Aria's head was snuggled into the crook of Ezra's neck, with his arm around her snugly. As the movie reached the climax, Aria came to her falling action and began to waver between being asleep and being awake. Ezra watched her in adoration, before gently waking her up and helping her off the couch to walk to the car.

The ride home was quiet thoughtful. They sat there, just like old times, the difference being that they didn't have to park three blocks away. When they landed at Aria's large house, Ezra parked the car in the driveway and pecked Aria on the lips for a good-bye. The girl pulled the lever on the door, and hopped out, so that she could walk to the front door. Byron beat her to it, though.

"Go get Ezra," he said, demandingly, making Aria apprehensive about the upcoming situation. Her father didn't like to look at Ezra, and now he wanted to talk to him. It didn't make sense.

Aria nodded and ran out to the car, and as soon she was clearly seen in Ezra's line of vision, she moved her hand back and forth in order to signal to her boyfriend that he was needed inside. Ezra gave her a look, but nevertheless walked toward the door. He reached for Aria's hand and walked in, nervous of what would be coming. Ezra sat on the couch, after being invited to, right next to Aria, and directly across from Byron.

The silence in the room was uncomfortable and awkward until Byron broke the silence in a confidant manner.

"How are you Ezra?" What was going on? These mixed signals were confusing the couple, not that they were complaining. This was somewhat positive, and they didn't at all want it to stop.

"I'm improving everyday, Mr. Montgomery, thank you," he replied, tuned to be talking to the love of his life's father pleasantly.

"I'm so glad. You can call be Byron, if you'd like. For Aria's sake, of course." Ezra smiled at Byron's words. They meant so much to him.