For When You Need To Leave Rosewood

Aria stared at herself through the mirror in her bedroom and sighed. She had said goodbye to Spencer last week, Emily four days ago, and Hanna left yesterday. She said goodbye to Alison then. This was possibly the most bittersweet day of her life. She was leaving her worst nightmare in just a few hours, but she was leaving people who she loved behind. Once she left, there would be no going back, and it scared the hell out of her.

Her dark purple tank top dress came down to just above her knees, and the light cardigan just barely hit her waist. This was the day she had been impatiently waiting for all summer; why did it feel so awful?

"Aria, why don't you start loading the car?"

Aria turned around and saw her mother, her eyes slightly stained with just the slightest bit of tears. There was certainly a whirlwind of emotions, with her oldest daughter leaving the house to go to college. At the same time, though, it was relieving to know that she would be far away from danger. Far away from the town that came so close to killing her with one slight move.

Aria walked towards her mother and gave her a hug. She didn't want to leave one of the only people who has had the rare ability to keep her sane. Boston was almost seven hours away, and if she needed anything or felt anxiety coming, she wouldn't have anyone to go to. (Which caused her more anxiety.)

"I'm going to miss you," Aria told her mom truthfully. She despised being away from he mom for so long. Tears threatened to spill out of her eyes, before one finally did.

"You can call me whenever you want, and you can visit whenever you want, and you can have me visit whenever you want. I want you to be happy, Aria, and you deserve it after everything." Ella looked at the tears freely sliding down Aria's face. "You deserve happiness."

"B-26," Aria mumbled under her breath.

"What was that, honey?" Ella asked her, not knowing the grave meaning of the combination of numbers and letters.

"Nothing," Aria replied sadly. She couldn't decide if she was sad or happy. There was one missing piece to this day's puzzle, and she knew exactly what it was. She just did not want to say it.

After reluctantly packed up her suit case with everything she could, and got any other needed items. As she walked outside towards her car, Mike, Byron and Ella followed her. Byron was looking around their front yard, as if someone was about to show up. The only person to come to her house was Alison, though, and she was hard to say goodbye to. She had just found out what her sister had done, and now all of her friends had to leave to go to college.

Talking began to become dwindled, and Aria knew that it was time to say goodbye. She went to everybody who was there for her, and hugged them for a goodbye.

First, she went to Mike. "Be good, Kid," she said jokingly.

Mike chuckled. "Don't have too much to drink before a test," he rebuked. Ella narrowed her eyes at him.

Next, Aria hugged her dad, who was still looking around the year as if he was waiting for someone. "Bye, dad." She said.

"I love you, Aria," he replied.

After Byron, Aria walked over to Ella, who had her arms already out. "Thank you for everything mom. I'll call you tonight, when I get there." Seeing as it was 11am now, Aria most likely would arrive at her destination until last evening.

"Remember what I said, baby girl." Ella said, attempting to not get chocked up all over again.

"Crap," Aria said. "I forgot something. I'll be right back." She flew up the stairs and into her room. She shuffled through everything that remained in there, until she finally found it. She found the book that said, "For when you need to leave Rosewood.-Ezra." She tucked it deep into her purse so that no one would see it and ran back downstairs, so that she could drive Ali home and be off.