17. The Perfect Way

He couldn't decide. There were so many ways to do one simple thing, and yet, he couldn't decide. A month has passed and here Ezra was, lying in bed next to a sleeping Aria pondering on what was next for them. Ezra knew that he wanted to ask Aria to spend the rest of her life with him unconditionally, but he wanted to do it in the most perfect way that he could think of. He wanted to make it a special and unforgettable moment in both of their lives.

Ezra could ask Aria randomly. He could do it while they eat breakfast together, or when they are shopping, or anywhere unexpected. Aria loves unconventional, so maybe that's what she would want. Maybe she would want Ezra to ask her the life-changing question when she wasn't expecting it. He would get down on one knee with a velvet box in his hand, and say the words.

Ezra could also ask Aria over a planned-out, Romantic dinner. Cheesy and cliche to all ends, yes, but after everything they have been through as a couple, maybe Aria would want some normality. Make reservations, surprise Aria, and get the restaurant in on it. It would be romantic, but would Aria want that? The world may never know.

Ezra sighed, as he squeezed every possible idea out of his brain. Have you ever seen those commercials for summer school where the kid is out having fun, swimming, and when he tries to hit the water out of his ear, all of the things that he learned in school falls out? This was what was happening to Ezra's brain. He didn't know how or when he could propose, but he wanted it to do it sooner than later. Ella and Byron were becoming impatient, and Aria's friends were bothering him whenever Aria wasn't around.

It's only the beginning of October , He thought, but on the other hand, that meant that he had been holding on to the engagement ring for far too long. He had to make this move soon. Well, he didn't have to, but he'd really like to. There was something about hearing "Aria Fitz" that made him insanely happy.

At this moment, Aria began to stir awake, out of the deep sleep that she had been in, in apartment 3B. As her haze, eyes fluttered open, she looked at Ezra while smiling brightly.

"Good morning," she greeted, her voice raspy, and her eyes looked tired from just waking up. The smile was still on her face.

"Good morning," Ezra replied, loving the looks of happiness that were always on Aria's face. "What are you so smiley about."

"Getting to wake up with you next to me."

Ezra's heart melted at Aria's statement, and he thought that he would collapse out of love. Suddenly a light bulb went of in his head, and he knew what he had to do.

Ezra turned to Aria frantically. "Don't move. I'll be right back," he said, as he ran off to the bathroom.

This was it. Ezra knew that he had to do it right now. People always talk about the "perfect moment," to propose in, and Ezra didn't know what they had meant until now. After the comment that Aria had said right when she woke up, Ezra Fitz knew that he couldn't wait any longer to ask her. He knew that it was now, or an opportunity this perfect wouldn't come up again for a while.

He ran into the bathroom. If only he had a better hiding place. Unfortunately, this old apartment was everything in one area, and a door to the bathroom, so he had limited options. Once he got into the bathroom, he had to begin to catch his breath and, at the same time, let his brain catch up to the rest of his body. His heavy breathing was a combination of heavy nerves and the lack of stamina that he had from a lack of exercise.

When Ezra's breathing was a little bit more settled, and his brain actually knew what he wanted to do, his heart was still beating out of his chest. I don't think that is something that needs to be explained, though. How was he supposed to feel?