New York

Jenna's POV
Jae and I are on the plane. I am super excited, and I can't wait to arrive in New York. I am really glad I am doing this with Jae. We find our seats, and sit down. I put in my headphones listen to
my favorite artist Brandi Carlile and drift off to sleep. This is going to be a long flight.

I wake up to someone shaking me. It is  Jae. "We're here," she says.

"Wow I slept through the whole flight," I say surprised.

"Me too," Jae says stretching.We get our luggage, and get off the plane. We then exit the airport. We try to haul a taxi, after awhile a taxi finally stops. That was our first time hauling a taxi. We get in and tell him the address to our apartment. He starts driving.

I look out the window at the city. Everything is beautiful there is a bunch of bright lights. The buildings are super tall, and the sunlight glints off of the buildings. There are lots of people. It is very crowded in New York.

It is pretty loud and different compared to home. There is also lots of traffic, and screens advertising stuff. I love it.  I can't wait to paint the scenery here to remember our time here forever. "Isn't it beautiful?" I ask Jae.

"Yeah, it's gorgeous. I wish I could capture this moment and remember this feeling forever," Jae replies. I go back to looking at the city. I could get used to this. After a long time because of traffic, we arrive at our apartment building. We pay the driver, and get our stuff in the trunk. We head into the apartment building.

The apartment building is very large, and has a modern look to it. In the lobby there is lots of workers moving around. I feel like we are in a hotel. We go over to the front desk, and ask the lady for our keys.

She gives us our keys, and we take the elevator up to our apartment. The elevator door opens, and we step out. We start looking for our apartment door. We finally find it apartment 17A. Jae opens the door. Our apartment is beautiful. All our furniture is already there. It is so big. There is also an awesome view of New York. Our whole house has wood floors, and floor to ceiling windows.

"I love it!" Jae screams excitedly.

"Me too!" I reply looking at it in awe. We are going to have so much fun in here. I decide to call my parents and tell them we arrived.

"Hey guys!" I say.

"Hi!" they reply.

"We arrived in the city. Now we just got to the apartment. It's beautiful! Thank you so much!" I say excitedly.

"Your welcome sweetie. Glad you like it," Mom says.

"So how do you like New York?" Dad asks.

"I love it! It's a huge change from home, and I can finally experience something new," I say.

"That's great!" Dad replies.

"Well I'm going to settle in. I'll call you guys later. Bye! Love you!" I say.

"Love you too," they reply. We hang up. I start looking around. Our kitchen is gorgeous with marble countertops. The cabinets are a nice creme color. We have a medium sized pantry, and all the kitchen essentials that were shipped from home. We got most of our stuff at a thrift store.

We have a huge rug with patterns on it in the living room. We also have our small tv that Jae and I both payed for. We also have a large couch and some arm chairs. There is a small coffee table in the middle.

The two bathrooms are really nice and large. They have similar cabinets to the kitchen and a huge mirror above it. They also have a glass bowl style sink, a bathtub, a shower, and a toilet of course. We also have a storage room.

I start looking for my room. We only have two bedrooms so I find it quickly. It looks amazing! It is very large. The walls are painted a light blue. I start unpacking. After about an hour of unpacking, I finally finish.

I have a large bed with a simple white comforter, and a bunch of throw pillows. On my headboard I have lights hung. Over my bed I have a red Aztec design tapestry hung. I have my desk with Polaroids hung above it. I have a walk in closet. I also have a small nightstand with a lamp and art supplies in it. I have a small picture framed of both of our families.

I have a huge fuzzy white rug in the middle of my room. I have some chairs, and a beanbag chair. There is a small coffee table in between the chairs. I have a statue of a monkey I made on it. I have some pictures hung up of my family and Jae and I. I also have some canvases of paintings I painted. I have shelves with some succulents on them. I also have some art books on it.

I head over  to Jae's room to see how it turned out. She has the same layout of my room. She has a large bed with a white and mint green design comforter. She also has a bunch of throw pillows like me. On her head board she also has lights hunt. She has a white string canopy hung above her bed.

Her walls are also painted a light blue. She has a white desk, with tassels hung above it. Under the tassels she has a white board made out of a picture frame and paint samples. She has a framed picture of us on her desk.

On her walls she has a cork board with a bunch of pictures and notes on it. I smile at a picture of us in second grade dressed up as cowgirls. Above the cork board she has the words Hakuna Matata made out of magazines hung. She also has a bunch of polaroids hung in strings.

In the middle of the room she has a coffee table, and chairs around it like me. Instead of a beanbag chair she has a chair hanging from the ceiling like a swing. On the coffee table she has a pot of fake tulips.

She also has awards and more pictures of us and her family hung up. She has a huge bookshelf next to her bed. It is full of books. She also has a small nightstand with a lamp and her favorite books on it. There is also a framed picture of both of our families, the same one I have. She also has a walk in closet.

"Your room turned out great!" I say.

"Thanks! It looks the same as it was at home though," she says.

"Yeah but you rearranged it, and now you have more room," I reply.

"Yeah I guess. Can I see your room?" she asks.

"Of course! You don't need to ask," I reply. We head over to my room. Jae takes a quick look around.

"Your room looks great! It looks different now that you have so much space," Jae says.

"Yeah now that I don't have to share a room," I reply. Back at home I had to share a room with my little sister Nicole.

We start unpacking our kitchen stuff, books, etc. The books are mostly Jae's. We finish after about an hour and a half. "The apartment looks great!" Jae says.

"Yeah it does, we always talk about how awesome our dorm room would be. Now we have a whole apartment to decorate," I reply.

"Yeah it is going to be the cleanest apartment ever," she says.

"Yup I can't believe we're actually here, in the big apple!" I say excitedly.

"I know right, it's amazing!" Jae replies.

"Ugh, tomorrow we have to start school," I say sadly.

"I know, don't remind me," Jae says with a grim look on her face.

"It's okay, I guess we can explore on the weekend," I reply.

"It's in the middle of high school. It will be awkward. Everyone will know each other, and we'll be the weird new kids," Jae says.

"We'll be fine. After all we still got each other," I reply.

"Yeah," Jae replies back.

"Tomorrow is going to be a long day,"
I say.

"Totally," Jae agrees. We plop on the couch, and sigh.