Wheel Chair Races

Jenna's POV
I start pacing around the hospital waiting room. I can't believe that just happened I hope she is okay. Jace shouldn't have made her do that. How'd he know she was scared of heights anyway?

Everyone else is waiting in the waiting room with me. All of us frantic, with nerves. After an hour of waiting, a nurse finally comes out. "Who's here for Jaelyn Amor?" asked the nurse in blue scrubs. We all stand up.

She looks up, and a weirded out look crosses her face. Why is she looking at us like that? Then it hits me, I look around at all of us. We probably look like weirdos. Me with my dry tear soaked face, with smeared mascara. I also have a mustache, moles, and a unibrow drawn on me.

Sam has his hands duct taped together. Chris' clothes are damp, with his hair all messed up. Alex has makeup on. Emily has dried egg, and egg shells in her hair. Abby has lipstick all over her face, and Jace is still wearing Jae's clothes. Boy are we a weird bunch. Jace looks hilarious in leggings, and that sweater is almost a bra on him. Showing off his six pack.

I hold back laughter. The nurse then clears her throat. "Any of you family?" she asks.

"No, but I am her best friend," I reply.

"Come with me," she says. I follow her, and wave the others goodbye. We stop at Jae's room. When we enter, Jae is lying in her hospital bed.

"Jae, you're awake. Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just have a small concussion, and needed stitches on my head," she replies.

"Oh thank goodness, I was so worried about you," I say with a breath of relief.

"I know you were, but I'm fine now. I probably shouldn't have looked down," Jae responds.

"It's not your fault. Your really afraid of heights," I say.

"Yup, also I think Jace might have read my diary. The bookmark wasn't in the spot where I left off," she says.

"That's why he gave you that dare! I'm going to kill him!" I yell angrily.

"Calm down Jenna, he probably just wanted to scare me. I don't think he knew I was going to react that way, or that I was that scared of heights," Jae replies calmly.

I cooled down, and took deep breaths. After a couple of minutes, everyone else came in. "Jaelyn are you okay?" asks Emily.

"Yup, I'm fine guys," Jae responds.

"Um...I'm you know...I'm...Sorry for giving you that dare," Jace says.

"Wow, you're actually apologizing. Looks like you have a soft spot for me," Jae says making a kissy face at him.

"Oh shut up," Jace says looking down. Did I just see a tint of blush on his cheeks? Or was I just hallucinating it? They actually might make a cute couple if he wasn't such a jerk. After they all talk to Jae for a bit, everyone heads home.

"The doctor said I have to stay here overnight, just in case something else happens. Could you run home, and pack a bag for me?" Jae asks.

"Sure, what do you need?" I ask.

"For clothes I need pajamas, a pair of underwear, a bra, and clothes for school tomorrow. I also need my toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, and my backpack with my school stuff," Jae replies.

"Got it, also I'm staying with you. I couldn't let you be here all by yourself. I'll pack for myself too," I reply.

"Thanks, love you," she replies.

"Love you too," I reply.I go home got all our stuff, and returned in an hour.

"Yay, you're back!" Jae says happily.