False Hope

Picture above is Jenna's outfit. Duty is a like recess watch lady, recess is play time outside.

Jenna's POV
Well that just happened. I can't believe how "friendly" they were being. This might be a trap, maybe we shouldn't go. Then again, they did say we would be forgiven. Then we wouldn't have to look over our shoulders, scared all the time.

"So...." Emily says to break the awkward silence.

"Yeah...." I say.

"That was crazy!" Abby says.

"Yup," Jae says popping the p.

"So are you guys actually going to go?" Emily asks.

"Yeah, I mean we don't really have a choice," I say. Right when I finish my sentence the bell rings. We all get up and say our goodbyes. After what feels like a year, school is finally over!

I head over to my locker and look for Jae. I spot her walking out of her classroom. I wave her over. We start heading home together. Butterflies form in my stomach the closer we get home.

We have two hours until we have to go to their apartment. Two very short hours. Once we got home, I did my homework right away. After I got it done, I checked the time. It's Already 4:30. Shoot, I should probably get ready.

They said around 4:00 so surely they won't be mad. Once I grab my phone, and purse I go over to Jae's room. I knock on the door. "Come in," she says. I open the door, and walk in. Jae is lying on her bed reading a book.

"You and your books," I scoff.

"What?! I like reading!" Jae says.

"How can you? Reading is boring," I reply.

"Reading is not boring! You just have to find an interesting book," Jae argues. We argue like this a lot. Nothing too big, just stupid little arguments.

One time we had this huge argument in like first or second grade. We were making this like mud/sand castle in the kickball pit. I was really proud of it. Then this mean kid name Hayden came and kicked it over. He totally ruined it. I was really mad so I "kicked" him. I barely did it.

He started crying then he said,"I'm going to tell the duty on you!" I ran and hid behind a pine tree. Jae ran after me. She started yelling at me. She asked me why I did that. I told her that he kicked our sand castle. She said I still shouldn't have done that. I said he's going to tell the duty on me! I also said that I barely kicked him. We started yelling back and forth.

She finally just walked away to another tree like fifty feet away. She had her back turned to me. I was also facing the other way. Our friend went Isaac went up to her and asked her what was wrong. She didn't reply, he kept asking but then he went over to me and asked me.

I told him the whole story, and he said I shouldn't have done that too. I was mad at everyone and walked away. The next day we were friend again. Ahh, good time good times. I almost forgot what I came here for. Jae was in front of me calling my name.

"Sorry, I just spaced out. I was thinking about all our little arguments. I came here to tell you that it is already four thirty. We should probably head over to there now," I say.

"Oh shoot, yeah we probably should," she replies. She got up, and grabbed her purse and phone. We went out the door and locked it. We just went like 3 feet, then we were at their door.

"Are you ready for this?" I ask.

"As ready as I'll ever be," Jae replies. We knocked on the door. Chris answered the door.

"You're late," he says.

"You guys said around four o'clock not four o'clock sharp," I reply. We entered, and right away it smelt awful. Once again the place was a total mess. Stuff scattered everywhere, dirty laundry on the floor, and old food on the table. I cringed at the sight, this is a nightmare compared to our neat, clean apartment.

I looked over to Jae who had a similar look on her face. Chris lead us over to the living room, where the rest of the boys were. We sat down across from them. "So why did you guys bring us here?" Jae asks.

"To tell you something," Sam replies.

"Tell us what?" I ask.

"You guys have to be our servants for a month," Jace replies.

"What!?" Jae yells.

"I thought you guys said our debt would be forgiven if we came here," I say angrily.

"Yeah about that, we lied," Alex says, with a straight face. I saw a hint of sadness in his eyes. Well he is the "nice" one.

"I can't believe you guys! Why didn't you just tell us there? Instead of giving us false hope!" Jae yells.

"We wanted you guys to come here and clean our apartment," Chris says.

"Why didn't you just tell us to? I mean after all we were going to be your servants," I says. They just shrugged. Ugh stupid boys. My face was red with anger.

"Well get to work!" Jace yells.

"What if we don't want to?!" I ask defiantly.

"You won't want to know what to know what happens," Jace replies threateningly. Jae and I get up quickly and start looking for supplies. Ugh, why'd we have to live next to them! Of all the people we could have lived next to.

We finally find some un-used cleaning supplies. The boys just sit down and start watching tv. First Jae and I start picking up trash, and old food. We put it all in a garbage bag. There is so much junk here. My hand grabbed something sticky. Ew! It was a moldy slice of pizza. I quickly drop it in the garbage bag.

After an hour we finally pick up all the trash. Now I start mopping the floor, while Jae cleans the windows. There is a bunch of gross stains on the wood floor. They aren't going to come out with just a mop. I get down on the floor and start scrubbing them with a brush.

Now that we are both done with that, we head into the kitchen. Jae starts wiping down the counters. I start cleaning the cupboards out. There is a bunch of expired food in there. After that, I clean the refrigerator, microwave, and oven.

Then we go into another room, and organize everything. Now for the worst part, cleaning their bedrooms. Once I walk into a room I smelled, a horrible odor. There is dirty laundry everywhere, and papers scattered all over the desk. I first pick up all the laundry, and put it in a basket. Then organize the papers,and other stuff on the desk.

After I make the bed I go over to the next room. It has the exact same mess. I just do the same thing in the rest of the rooms. I meet up with Jae afterwards. "Did you notice that none of them had clean clothes?" Jae asks.

"Yeah, I did. They probably don't wash it. Ew," I reply.

"Let's just wash it for them," Jae says.

"Okay," I reply. We take all their dirty buckets of clothes to the laundry room. After an hour we are finished with all of them. We put all their clothes away in the drawers. We are finally done. I am exhausted.

"Let's go home," Jae says. The boys are asleep in the living room. I put a blanket over them. Once we go inside our apartment I checked the time. It's 10:30. Wow we were there for 6 hours. I plop onto my bed and call it a night. This is going to be one very long month.