Central Park and Next Door Nightmares

Jaelyn's POV
Jenna and I take the subway home. There is a lot of troubled people at our new school. Too many people to look out for. Luckily Emily and Abby told us about them or we would have been in serious trouble. We came on a Thursday, so today is Friday.

That means it's the weekend! The teachers gave us a load of homework though. It actually looks kind of easy. I am really loving New York so far. Jenna and I are going to go exploring now. "Ready to go?" I ask Jenna.

"Yup," Jenna says, grabbing her bag. We go out the door and are now outside. We decide to take a taxi instead, so its quicker. We try hailing a taxi, which was a total fail. After like thirty minutes, a taxi finally pulls over.

"Where to?" asks the driver.

"Central Park please," I say. He starts driving there. I love the scenery while we are driving there. New York is beautiful. After a couple of minutes we arrive there. We pay him, and go out. We start walking around.

"Wow, it's beautiful here," Jenna says.

"Yeah, it sure is,"  I reply, we just walk all over the place. Stop to take pictures, and see the scenery. I stop by the entrance to something. A zoo, I love zoos. "Want to go to the zoo?" I ask Jenna.

"You read my mind," she says smiling at me. We pay for tickets, then start walking around. We go to the Penguins first. They are so cute. We buy churros and see a bunch of other animals. It is starting to get dark.

"Let's just take the subway, it takes too long to get a taxi," Jenna says.

"Okay," I reply. We go underground to the subway, and take the next train home. Once we are home, I collapse on the couch. We walked a lot. "That was fun," I say.

"Yeah it was. We should go there more often," Jenna says.

"Yeah, let's make that a tradition. We go there on the 21st of every month. Today is the 21st so let's just do that. Even if we don't have time,we have to go," I say.

"Sounds like a plan," Jenna says. We go to our rooms to study and do homework. Around 10:30 loud music starts blasting. I go to Jenna's room.

"Jenna could you keep it down. I need to do homework," I say.

"It isn't me. I need to study too. I thought it was you. I was about to come into you room, to tell you to quiet down," Jenna says.

"Well if it isn't either of us, then who is playing the music?" I ask confusingly. Then we hear the loud chatter, of a bunch of people talking next door.

"Well, I guess it's time to meet our neighbors," Jenna says. We change out of our pajamas and into some decent clothes. We go into the hall and knock on the door next to ours. Some random guy answers, and he reeks of alcohol.

"Are you the owner of this apartment?" I ask.

"Nope but they're inside, come on in," he says slurring his words. His breath stinks. I hear Jenna gag. I hold it back. Inside is the most messy apartment ever. It smells like Barf, sweat, and alcohol. There are wrappers, trash, and old food all over the place. Jenna and I have some small OCD so this is horrifying.

We follow the guy to the living room. There sat on the couch are the golden boys. Please tell me they don't live here. Please, please, please don't be them. "Here they are," the drunk guy says. Crap, how are we going to stay away from them now?! I see the horror evident in Jenna's eyes.

The boys all look up at us. Oh no, we are making eye contact with them. "What do you guys want?" Jace asks. All of them are looking us up and down. I wrap my cardigan around my chest. Boy are they scary looking.

"Could you g-guys keep it down I um...we need t-to study," I stutter out. They all smirk at us. Oh no, I sense trouble coming ahead.

"What if we don't?" Chris asks smirking. I stand there frozen. What do I do? I'm starting to panic now. My hands are shaking.

"We'll call the police on a noise complaint," Jenna replies. I can see the nervousness, and fear in her eyes. They all stand up and surround us. Oh, shoot we are so dead.

"You wouldn't want to do that if I were you, sweetie," Jace replies scarily. He is about to lay a hand on Jenna. I don't care if I'm going to die, he doesn't dare touch Jenna. I jump in front of her, and punch him in the face. He stands there shell shocked. The  other boys are standing there,with their jaws hanging open.

Now's our chance to escape. I grab Jenna's arm, and drag her out of the messy place. We run straight into our apartment, and I lock the door quickly. I start taking deep breaths. Jenna stands still, a look of shock on her face.

"What just happened?!" Jenna asks.

"I just punched the bad boy of our school," I say.

Hope you like this chapter. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I tried to make this chapter a little longer. Even though it's still short lol.
-Author