Chapter 4 : Congrats, I Applaud You (Part One)

Nagihiko's POV :
Saturday rolled in. I plan to forget Friday. It wasn't very... Happy. Lets put it at that.

~FLASHBACK~
"Congratulations!" I saw Rima run over the squeaky floor of the basketball court. I smile. But as her arms roll out she passes by me.

I turn my head in her direction. Why do I feel his pain in my chest.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

Yet still today, one whole day after, I still feel that pain. But... It really does hurt. But for one thing I am glad she can't read minds. She shouldn't ever hear these sad thoughts. I mean they aren't that sad.

I walk over to my kitchen table and sit down at the table. I scroll through my phone and check my notifications :

Your youtube subscriptions have now been updated. (Swipe)

Your subscription for free anime ends in 3 hours. (Swipe)

Email : Flipboard would like you to know... (Swipe)

I sigh. Nothing important. Who cares about any of that stuff. I mean the anime subscription... Ehh.

I set the phone down and open my fridge. Guess I'll have to go shopping. But what should I buy?

I grab a sticky note and a pink pencil. Rima gave me this one. I smile as I write down the first word.

But as I wrote it, the led snapped.

"Pocky." It says. Should I really? She'll be happy... but... nevermind. To be honest, I feel we're drifting. But I have no way to stop it. I am not the person to speak up.

But while she is my friend I will forever cherrish it. For when she's not...

I push on the top and led renews itself. I write down a few other things then grab my wallet, my keys, and a handy dandy hairtie. You always need it. Shout out to you ladies. *wink*

~IN GROCERY STORE~
I step into the chilly aisle. A shiver runs up my back. Even with this white tee, black jeans, and red leather jacket... I'm still cold.

I quickly grab the milk and eggs. Should I get cheese? Guess so. Another side of brain hates me. It screams "It's not on the list Nagihiko. Get it right. You're wasting money ya idiot." But my shoulders shrugg it off. And let's get bread.

I walk down more aisles picking up more and more things.

"Nagihiko-Kun?" An older woman's voice rang. I turn my head to see.

"Oh, nice to see you Mashiro-San." I smile politely.

"Look at you all grown up and shopping for yourself." She laughs. I awkwardly smile and chuckle. What else can I do.

"How's Rima?" I pick up a product and add it to my basket.

"Don't you always hang with her? You should know."

"I didn't text her yet today. We made it a deal not to text her at 8 in the morning on Saturdays."

"Oh. Well she's fine." I pursed my lips. To be honest Rima's mom is a therapist. And let me tell you how much I need a therapist. I pause for a few seconds.

"Well, thank y-

"Something wrong?" She cut me off.

"Oh, no not at a-

"So there is." She did it again.

"No. There really isn't. But thanks for thinking about me." I smile and begin walking away. I feel a hard tug on the back of my jacket.

"We're going to talk about it."

I knew I wasn't going to get out of this. And this is where Rima gets the personality that I love. And no I do not have feelings for her mom.

~THERAPIST SESSION~

"Start."

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •
Yay so it's the end of Part One! Wow it's Monday (or whenever if you read it after the published date) Wait two more days you guys! Or girls? Eh whatever. (No seriously, please read on time. Jk) So tell me what you think or predict to happen. Next up: Rima!