Greek Fire

AN// Hello everyone! Im back with a new chapter! Sorry for the slow updates. Im working full time and got an apartment with no wifi -.-* So updates will be slow until I get that up and running again. Hope you'll bare with me. 

Please enjoy and feel free to comment or give a vote ;) 

Lots of love from Denmark :) 

Guy smiled to her and leaned in to kiss her. He had forgotten how soft her lips felt. He slowly pulled her a bit closer. He could feel that Rowena had missed his touch too but she pulled back far to early for his taste. "Sarah will be in any minute"she smiled softly and run a hand through his black hair. He sighed and nodded. "Alright I'll let you go this time" he smirked and pulled her even closer and continued "but we should talk later". She lay her arms on his chest "Yes, lets do" she got up on her toes and kissed him one the cheek. Seconds later Sarah knock on the door and enter "Oh im sorry my lady, Sir Guy" she apollogies. "Dont worry Sarah, Im ready" Rowena leaves Guys arms and folllows Sarah to get ready. Guy sighs and go down stairs where he meets Lambert. "Morning Sir Guy" "Morning Lambert... Are you ready for today?" he asked his friend. "Yes ofcause... Remenber our deal though... This can not be used as a weapon. Ever!" "I'll remember... Now have some breakfest Rowena will join us as soon as she is done" Guy sits down and begin to eat. A good 20 min later Rowena is walking down the stairs. She is wearing a deep purple dress with a black sash around her hips. Her hair is in a low bun. Guy cant help to smile and think that she is doing all this for him. He likes it very much. She smiles too. "Good morning Lambert... Sir guy" She sits down next to him. He takes her hand and give it a small peck. "Good moring my lady" he says and then continue to eat. "So when will the demonstration be today" "As soon as we are done here, we will ride to the location" Lambert said. "And the sheriff will meet us there" Guy followed. They aet their meal in silence for the rest of the time. "I'll go and make sure they ready the horses and my carriage" Lambert said and rose from the table. "Alright" Guy said and turned his attention to Rowena "You look beautifull today" he smiled to her "Thank you" she smiled back. 

Guy eyes change from loving to worried "Are you sure you want to come today" he asked. "Of cause... I need to see that it is you two have been working on for so long" She took his hand. He hold it tight. "And you will... just keep and open mind about it" "An open mind? What do you mean?" she asked rather confused. "You'll see... Lets get going" He got up and they walked outside to the horses. 

Rowena look on as Lambert pourse the powder one the the ground and over to them. She was beginning to have a bad feeling about this. She looked to Guy and when the sheriff who hadn't got down from his horse. He didn't look to impressed by this. "We are ready" Lambert said and smiled to her. "Im intrigued" she said and retured his smile. "You'll be astonished I asure you" Guy smirked and looked down to her. "Right what you are about to see here today demonstraste that by contayning black powder, we can control the chaged" Lmbert turned back to us. "Guys miners will then be able to place a small chaged at the scene and let the powder do the hard work and increase roduction without harming lives" Lambert looked very confident and proud of his work. But Rowena still didn't like what she was haering. "Please dismount my Lord" Guy said to the sheriff. "where may be quite a bang" He looked up at him. "really?" the sheriff asked, with absolutely no intrest at all. "well you horse is highly strong" Guy said with the same enthusiasmen. "he wont be the only high strong creature if I am made to hang around much longer" He said as he got down from his horse. 

Lambert ignites the black powder. Guy takes Rowenas hand and guides her back the protective fence. The flame grows larger and quicker and soon it blows up. Rowena doesn't duck as Guy and the sheriff does. In her mind she have just witnessed what would destroy England if the sheriff got his hands on this. she turns to look at Lambert. He hasn't move either. He looks her straight i the eyes. Before she knows Guy is pulling her with him to the scene at the explosion. She is stunned. "Well done my friend" Guy claps Lambert on the shoulder. the sheriff slowly decents into the hole in the ground. He gets very excited and jumps around "Well done Gicbourne. "Give me te or twenty huge creates". Rowena turns to Lambert. "If I am to creat more black powder there are conditions" "On really" the sheriff sneers "One: I am allowed to sell my invention" "Ofcause" "Two: I get a bonus from your work" "Naterally" "And finally this powdder can never be used as a weapon" For a second the sheriff looks disapointed but the he walks up to Lambert "i think you and i have a furture... trust me" Lambert looks from Guy to Rowena. He can see by the look in her eyes that something is not right. He turns back to the sheriff "No" he whispers. "Lambert" Guys say in a low tone. "I think not" "Think about what you are doing" Guy warns him. "I cannot trust  you" Lambert backs away but guy and the sheriff follows him "my dear boy" The sheriff says "Let me go or there will be trouble" "I adore trouble" the sheriff smile. Lambert send Rowena one last look. She nods her head towards the forrest. He then throws a stick. When it hits the ground it blows up "GET HIM" The sheriff yell "ALIVE". Lambert runs into the forrest. Guys looks to Rowena and see that she is okay. He then turns to follow Lambert. 

It didn't tak long before the sheriff and Guy was back again with Lambert in chains. They looked at each other. "Rowena" Guy called for her. She walked over to him "Get on your horse we are going to Nottingham" He tolled her. She knew she had no choice and got on her horse. As they got to Nottingham Lambert was thrown in the jail. Rowena was close to follow after the guards but guy stopt her. "Not now" he tolled her. She search his eyes and saw a little bit of worry. She nodded and followed him. For next hour the only thing heard about was the black powder and how they could find it. The sheriff furious with Guy. As soon as  left the great hall "I need to see Lambert" "I'll come with you" She said "No... Not this time" He pulled her into a small corridor "I know and understand why you want to go... But go later, he will need food and water" "Guy..." "Please Rowena" he pulled her closer.  "Alright... Alright I'll do as you say" she agreed "Thank you" he gave her a quick kiss and left her. 

An hour later she went to the jail and was led by the jailer to his cell "Lambert" she sighed as she saw him. "Lady Rowena" He came to the door "You should not be dont here" "Dont worry about that how are you" She handed him some bread and cheese "Please rowena you'll only get in trouble" "well im already here, so whar can it hurt" she said. She saw a small smile on his lips. "Have they hurt you?" "no not jet my lady". She was quite for some time "Why did you make it" She asked "Im a man of sience... Cant help it" "But you knew" "Yes... But someels would have made it and perhaps not think about how dangerous it is" he tolled her. She knew he was right. "Dont worry about me my Lady... Things will be alright" he tolled her. But the both knew he was lying. "Bye Lambert, you charmer" she said and felt the tears in her eyes. "Good bye Lady Rowena, my angel" he said. she turned and left him, knowing this would proberbly be the last time she saw her friend.  She went straight to her room and cried for him.