chapter twenty-eight

"Well to start out-"He leaned over and kissed me.

"What the hell?" I pulled away.

"I am sorry, I just couldn't-" He started.

"You just couldn't hold yourself back." I mocked.

"Remember you have a girlfriend, and you are the one that broke up with me." I added. I turned my head and looked out the window.

"I know I broke up with you, and it wasn't my right to kiss you like that, but-" I interrupted again. "I should probably leave." My hand reached the door handle.

"Wait, Samantha, please, just listen to me." Like I was going to say no to that face.

"Sam, I am so sorry. I never meant to hurt you and I know I have. If I could change anything in the world, I wouldn't think twice about choosing to have never let you go. I realized seeing you with Sam, and not being able to hear your voice in a long time. I love you, Samantha. I am in love with you. I let you down in the past and I don't deserve you to take me back, but I need you Samantha, and not just friends, cause seeing you smiling and happy with another dude and knowing I am not the reason for it- It kills me. I am not going to sit here and beg, I just want you to understand my feelings. I am still in love with you Samantha."

Chandler is in love with me, still, in love with me. And I am with him.

"Chandler, I love you too." Tears formed in my eyes.

"But-" I started.

"But?" Chandler asked.

"I need sometime to think." I reached for the door handle.

"I understand." He looked down.

I stepped out of the car. "And Samantha, I broke up with Hana."

He knew exactly what was on my mind, was he dating Hana?

I nodded and closed the door.

Why didn't I just make the obvious choice and just say yes? Because I was still scared of being hurt by the one I loved, again.