chapter seventeen

"Now you know how I feel about you." Sam smiled.

I ignored his comment and took off after Chandler. Where the hell did he go?

"What are you looking for honey?" Chandlers' Aunt called as I searched the house.

"Did Chandler come in here?" I looked in the closet.

"No, but I saw him take off down the road." She pointed.

"Thanks." Without a response, I headed out the door. My feet hurt as they slapped against the blacktop. I slowed up when it came to two turning points.

"Shit." I breathed. I flopped myself on the sidewalk.

"Just great." I had no clue on what to do. All these thoughts popped into my head. Questions that I couldn't answer.

After awhile of waiting, I stood up and decided to head back to the house. I looked up to the sky, it was already dark. The stars were bright, the moon was full. Staring upon the sky I saw a figure in a tree.

"Chandler?" I asked myself. The person's eyes met with mine, they turned their back to me. I slowly approached the tree.

"Please Samantha, leave me alone." It was Chandler.

"No, not until you come down here, so we can talk." I crossed my arms.

"Leave, please." You could tell by his voice that he had been crying.

"Fine, if your not coming down, I'm coming up." I grabbed the lowest branch and swung myself around. As I climbed to the branch Chandler was on he scooted over so I could sit.

"Please listen to me." I begged.

"I'm listening." He sighed.

"He kissed me out of no where, it meant nothing. Chandler, I love you. Please believe me." I touched his hand.

"I do believe you. I just can't believe he kissed you, he's my best friend. Samantha, I don't want anyone to kiss you like that other than me." He finally looked up at me.

"Chandler, I'm sorry. I should of seen it coming. He kept showing signs but I ignored them. I'm so sorry." Tears formed in my eyes. I hurt him, I hurt the one I loved the most.

"Don't cry." He pulled me closer as we sat in the tree. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Let's get out of this tree and head home. What do you say?" He asked.

I nodded.

When we approached the driveway a figure walked toward us.

It was Sam.