chapter twenty.

Samantha’s POV

The festival was different, not like any festivals I have been to.  Chandler literally only talked to me once. We held hands and went on some of the rides they had, but it was like he wasn’t even there.  Gina kept asking if he and I were okay, I just nodded my head.  When we arrived home, he went straight up to his room.

“Hey.” I typed.

“How did it go today? Did you get everything set up for tomorrow night?” Haley responded in less than a minute.

“Not so good. He ignored me. D:” Typing the words made my heart sink.

“Don’t worry, tomorrow he will realize you love him.” I smiled at her words.

“I hope so.” I shut down my laptop before she could respond.

~

I woke up the next morning and Chandler already left. Where? Who knows, not even Gina knew. We all sat quietly at the table, until I finally excused myself and went outside. I decided I would finish preparing for tonight.

~

I got back around lunchtime. I convinced Chandler to play some video games with me. It wasn’t the same. We played for a while. Surprisingly he stayed, some pee and eating breaks, but he stayed.  It was getting dark, and it was time to put this plan into action.

“Chandler, can we go for a walk?” I asked, pausing the game.

“Dinner is almost ready.”

“We will be back in time.” I assured him. He looked at me for a while and finally nodded his head.

“Where are we going?” He asked, as we kept going farther away from his house.

“You’ll see.” I smiled.

~

As we neared the location I told him to close his eyes.  I grabbed a hold of his hand and tugged him along.

“Open.” I whispered.

-

I was going to make this chapter longer, but I ended it here. I already have written what is going to happen. I will edit and publish tomorrow. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Peace.