Give Me a Sign (5)

| COREY'S POV|

I smile as I watch Autumn walking a lot faster than me, I still feel uneasy about going into the woods when it's practically pitch black outside, but how could I let her go by herself?
"Come on!" She says, smiling at me and I catch up with her. We enter through small gate that leads into the woods.
She doesn't seem afraid at all and she quickly grabs my hand and begins to walk slightly in front of me, as if she's taking me somewhere.

"Where are we going?" I ask. She just turns to me and smiles without answering. I give her a confused look and she sighs.
"I want to show you something." She says. I nod and continue walking until she stops. I look at her in confusion,
"This," she sits down on the grass surrounding a lake, "is where Sid and I met." We sit in silence for a couple of minutes and I watch her as she smiles to herself, remembering the memories.
"You met in the woods?" I ask. She nods, looking up at me,
"I was just walking through the woods, I saw him sitting down here and-" she pauses. "Can you hear that?" I look at her, she seems scared, fear fills her eyes.
"Hear what?" She slowly looks around, to find it was just the noise of rabbits running in the leaves, she laughs softly at herself.

An hour passes of us just comfortably enjoying each others company.
"What are your fears?" Autumn asks me, I give her a confused look at her random question but shrug,
"Nothing out of the ordinary, sharks, murderers, torture,"
"Interesting," she mumbles,
"What are yours?"
"Apart from the usual ones, my fears are fire and the dark," she looks at the ground as she says this.
"The dark? But you're here in the woods in the pitch black right now?" I smirk,
"Well when you're with someone, it all becomes less scary. Places like this are nice to go at night, but definitely not on your own." She explains, with a slight smile. Her gaze meets mine as we both agree it's time we should go back to meet the guys.

I check my phone as we're walking back through the woods to the entrance, I sigh as I see I have a couple of missed calls and texts from the guys, obviously worried about where I was and whether Autumn was okay.
"Everything okay?" She turns to me, pushing her blonde hair behind her ears, I nod,
"Just the guys worrying about us," she gives a simple nod and carries on walking, slightly ahead of me.

I read my most recent text from Sid,
(S) 'Where are you? Is Autumn okay?'
(C) 'On our way back, she's fine'
(S) 'You've been with her this whole time?'
I decide not to reply before Sid goes into his over protective mode. I put my phone away and see that we've arrived back at Autumn and Sid's house. She opens the door and I follow in, although I do want to go home.

"You're finally back," I hear Sid's voice say, followed by a soft giggle from Autumn. I walk into the living room where they're sat, along with Jim and Shawn.
"Oh hey, Corey," Sid says upon seeing me. I nod in hello and sit with Jim and Shawn for a bit.

"So how was it?" Jim says, smirking slightly,
"Nothing happened," I laugh, shaking my head, "she is very mysterious, I can tell you that," Shawn and Jim both nod, looking towards her. We all sit in silence for a while, all just focusing on the crappy show on the tv. I see Autumn stand up from the corner of my eye,
"I'm off to bed, guys," she receives a chorus of goodnight's from us all and she drags herself up the stairs to her room. I watch as Sid sinks back in his seat,
"Do you think she's thought any more about going on tour with us?" He says,
"I wouldn't count on it," I say, "she hasn't mentioned it all day." We return to silence again, Sid looking a bit more unhappy than before. It's easy to tell he really doesn't want her to be on her own for the long time we'll be on tour, but she doesn't seem the type to want to join a group of guys on a cramped tour bus.
*
Hello everyone! Halloween is over so that means Christmas is on the way wooo! Today is the day Mitch Lucker passed away so I hope his family will be in your thoughts💖💖sorry for not updating in so long but this chapter was quite difficult to write, it took me a very long time but annoyingly enough it is still a very short chapter. I hope you have a lovely week!