I Never Needed More (12)

Corey and I walk through the car park to the restaurant. Rachel left once she realised Corey and I were outside together. We walk ahead of the others and I feel Corey lightly taking my hand into his. I feel my cheeks heat up when I hear Sid say my name. I turn around and he gives me a questioning look then subtly points to mine and Corey's linked hands. I just smile at him, mouthing 'I'll tell you later.'

**(A.N - my auto correct keeps suggesting the word 'earache' every time I write Rachel hahah).**

It's just Corey, Sid and I in my house, the others left a couple of hours ago. I walk straight upstairs when I get home, leaving the others downstairs. I hear loud footsteps coming up the stairs and wait to hear who it is. My door is quickly pushed open and Sid walks in and sits on the end of the bed,

"You need to tell me what happened with Corey." He says, seeming like an excited school girl. I laugh at him and begin to tell him everything that happened earlier.

~

"She said that to you? She's always been so nice to everyone else." He says, I sigh hoping he doesn't think I'm lying.

"Yep. She was a complete bitch to me." I say, he smiles at me and stands up.

"Well, we won't be seeing her for a while,"

"Let's hope so." I smile, going quiet as I see Corey walk in. He smirks at me and stands in the doorway,

"Alright?" He says and Sid and I nod. He walks over to me and sits next to me, I feel his hand lightly touch my waist and pulls me closer to him.

*
"I'm just saying, I think he likes you." Mick slurs his words. We're all at Craig's and for the last thirty minutes Mick's been rambling on about how incredibly convinced he is that Sid is in love with me.

"And I'm just saying, I don't think he does. He's practically my brother!" I laugh as Mick downs another drink. I watch a smirk form across his lips as Sid sits next to me.

"What're you two up to?"

"Oh, just telling Autumn about how-"

"How he's excited about going on tour!" I but in. Sid gives me a strange look at my sudden interruption.

"Right..." Sid smirks before reaching for a drink. "Hey, Autumn can I talk to you a sec?" This causes Mick to look at me, with his eyebrows raised and mouthing 'I told you.'

I agree and Sid leads me into Craig's garden.
"Uh, so Corey's been acting a little odd. Like he's barely talking to anyone, he's just been sitting in the corner drinking."

"Oh, yeah I guess I haven't seen him much tonight." I say, instantly relieved that Sid didn't say what Mick had been predicting.

"Do you think you could try talking to him? I already tried, and Chris, but he's given one-word answers and seemed really distracted." I nod and he thanks me, leading me back inside.

I approach Corey and, to be blunt, he looks dreadful. His eyes seem dull, a dark colour, contrasting to his usual icy blue ones. He just looks tired. I slowly sit down next to him. He raises his head upon seeing me.

"Corey, what's wrong?" He looks at me, as if he's trying to work something out. He doesn't reply, he just looks. I am instantly reminded of the night when I first properly met him. He was just like this. Silent and untrusting.

*

I apologise for the slightly shorter chapter! I haven't updated for so long so I thought I would give you a chapter now!