I Wanted You (10)

Sid and I sit in the living room, watching some childish christmas film on tv.

"So, uh, Mick told me what happened." He tells me. My heart sinks, the last person I wanted knowing about what Lucas did to me was Sid, and now he knows. I just look down at my hands,
"I'm sorry, Autumn, I should've been there, at Jim's, to stop you from leaving." I just shake my head,

"It's my fault, not yours. Don't apologise." He lets out a long sigh,

"It definitely wasn't your fault,"

"It definitely wasn't yours either." Sid looks at me as I say this. He nods slowly,

"Look, Corey suggested he should come over later, to talk things through." I shake my head quickly upon hearing this. "Oh, c'mon, Autumn, you just need to hear him out, and if you're still mad at him after that, then fine."

**

"Hey man," the sound of Corey's deep voice sends shivers down my spine. He walks in and Sid smiles at me from the doorway before running upstairs. Corey sits next to me, leaning forward slightly.

"Hey," he says, I look up at him and his smile dissapears as he notices my teary eyes. "Autumn, I-"

"Please, just tell me what's going on." I interrupt him and he sighs.

"She's called Rachel." He starts, "I've been married to her for four years now. But ever since those years began, I wanted to escape."

"Then why didn't you just get a divorce?" I say, annoyed. He looks at me for a couple of seconds, then carries on,

"Her parents don't agree with it. And she's too scared of them to go against what they tell her. I've tried, Autumn, I really have. I really thought I loved her when I asked her to marry me, but I was wrong." I sense the helplessness in his voice and I sigh.
"I acted like I did around you because I want to forget. I don't want to be reminded of this unhappy marriage that I can't get out of. I know it was wrong and I understand if you hate me, but I was just trying to convince myself I don't have to continue a life without love."

He stops speaking then, and we both just sit in silence. I just think. I think of how he could be lying. I think of how he could be telling the truth. I think of whether I could have a relationship with him, knowing he's married.

**
Corey, Sid and I sit in the kitchen, talking like we normally do. I still stay more quiet than usual, but refrain from staying silent. Sid makes us all dinner and engages in conversation with Corey about the band. This suddenly reminds me of their tour. I said I'd go with them, thinking it would be great but now I'm not so sure.

After eating Corey gets a phone call and walks out into the living room. Sid sits opposite me,

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah, fine, I guess." I tell him, he replies with a smile and checks his phone. Corey walks back in,

"It was Craig, believe it or not. He was wondering how we're celebrating Christmas this year." He tells us. I nod and he sits back down again.

"Are you visiting family on Christmas, Aut?" Sid asks me. I shrug,

"Probably the day before." I sense Corey tense up and I can predict exactly what he's about to say,

"I, uh, I have to spend Christmas with Rachel's family." He says this almost silently, just staring at the floor. Sid immedietly looks at me and I just nod.

**

A knock comes from the door,

"I'll get it" I say, loud enough for Corey and Sid to hear from the other room. I walk out of the doorway to find Corey.

"No, I will," he says, his icy blue eyes send shivers down my spine and I smile at him in thanks. He walks towards the door and when he opens it, a young man stands there, he looks about 24 or 25. I don't pay much attention to him and walk into the kitchen where I find Sid.

"Autumn? There's a guy here to see you." Corey yells. I sigh and walk back towards the door.

"Hello, babe." Lucas winks. Fuck.

"I'll leave you to it." Corey says, going to walk away. I quickly grab his arm, he looks at me and I give him a helpless look. He stays next to me, confused.

"Can you leave me and my girlfriend alone?" Lucas says through gritted teeth. My eyes widen and I back away slightly. I feel Corey's gaze on me but I don't look at him. I feel him start to walk away but I clutch onto his shirt, he looks at me again in confusion.

"Leave me alone," I mumble,

"Speak up, bitch. What did you say?" Lucas spits. I wimper and Corey tenses.

"Fucking speak."
I'm too scared to move, or speak. Corey looks at me, he seems angry. I watch Lucas,
"I'll hurt you." He winks, failing at his attempt of saying it quietly enough so only I hear. That's when Corey hits him.

I stand there, sobbing and Sid comes running up to us. He places a hand on my shoulder.
"What the fuck is going on? Corey stop!" He shouts, pulling Corey back. Lucas stands there, angry. He stares at me, only me,

"I'm coming back for you." He says, before turning away. I sink to the ground, not able to believe what just happened. Why was Lucas confident enough to threaten me infront of Corey?

I feel Corey sit next to me on the floor. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer to him.
"I'm sorry," he whispers. I shake my head. We sit in silence, in shock of what just happened.

**
"Why did he call you his girlfriend, Aut? That's all I want to know." Corey paces around my bedroom. I sit on the bed, tears threatening to fall.

"Is that all you're concerned about right now? Not the fact he threatened to hurt me?" This causes him to sigh.

"No, it's not like that, Autumn."

"Then what is it like?" He sighs again in frustration and sits opposite me.

"It's just I love you, I care about you, I would hate if you lied to me about having a boyfriend." He says this very very quickly that it takes me a couple of seconds to realise what he said. I laugh softly, and lightly place my hand on the side of his face so he is facing me. His eyes meet mine,

"I don't have a boyfriend, Corey. Lucas tells everyone he is, but that's so they don't judge him for what he does to me." I explain. I notice the sadness in his eyes. He takes my hands into his and looks at me,

"I won't let him hurt you again, okay?" He says. I know that it will be impossible to stop Lucas, he's too clever, but I nod anyway.

"Thank you, Corey Todd." He grins and engulfs me in a hug.

**
Hello! This chapter is just to explain everything - I'm sorry if it seems a bit rushed but I'm trying to get past the boring bits! Thanks for reading, tell me what you think! Xo