A Sadness Runs Through Him (23)

*COREY POV*
Autumn's been away for what feels like forever. She took up Ava's offer in her letter asking her to go see her, and she still hasn't come home for a week. Is this it? Maybe she'll never come back.

"Corey?" I hear Sid say, snapping me out of my thoughts, "I was talking to you."
"Right. Sorry." I say, sighing as I run a hand through my hair.
"We're all going out tonight. You coming?" He asks, I just nod grudgingly, getting up to get ready.
"Alright. We're leaving in 5."

**
We end up at some shitty club. Everyone else seems to be enjoying themselves but I find myself slumped over the bar, left thinking of nothing else but Autumn. I sigh deeply, checking my phone in hopes she's texted me. Nothing. I shove my phone back in my pocket and decide I've had enough. Walking towards the door I'm stopped in my tracks.
"Au-Autumn?" I say, my eyes widening upon seeing long blonde hair cascading down her back. She turns round,
"What?" I'm met with an unfamiliar face, dark brown eyes and a turned up nose. I feel like crying.
"S-sorry, wrong person." I say, not even making eye contact as I continue making my way to the exit.

I push the door open and the cold air hits me hard. I sigh. Finding a vacant bench I sit down with my head in my hands for what seems like hours. I just want things back to the way they were, we weren't exactly happy but we weren't... this.
I'm distracted from my thoughts when I feel someone else sit down next to me, I turn to see Sid almost mirroring my expression.
"Hey." He almost whispers. I nod at him and we continue sitting in silence. His phone vibrates and I wait for him to check it, praying that it'll be her. I need to know if she's ok. Alas he says nothing and simply puts his phone back in his pocket.

I soon find I've had enough, I get up and proceed to walk home. Sid doesn't even blink an eye when I walk away. He must be just as affected by this all as I am. I sigh deeply, making my way back to my house. Pushing the door open I slam it behind me, making my way to the kitchen. I pull open the fridge and drag three beers out. Old habits die hard.

An hour later I've drunk way more than three. Too many to count. I stumble over to the couch and that's all I remember before everything goes dark.

**

"Corey?"

"Corey..."

"Corey, wake up!"

I open my eyes to see someone vigorously shaking me awake. My head spins and my vision is blurred as I sit up to find myself on the living room floor, surrounded by empty bottles, I feel the sudden stinging in my hand as I see I've fallen into the broken shards of glass. Fuck.

"Corey?" I look up to finally see who it is who's waking me up.

Rachel.

I groan as she pulls me up to stand opposite her.
"What do you think you're doing?" She stares at me sternly, with her hands on her hips. I avoid eye contact and shrug, looking down at the floor. She instantly grabs my chin, forcing my head up to look at her.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you."

We meet eyes and she grabs my hand and forces me out of the house. The harsh morning wind slaps me round the face as we depart from the front door. I reluctantly watch as she locks the door to my house with my own keys, dragging me along with her by the hand, shoving me into the direction of her parked vehicle.
"Get in." She instructs. I almost tilt my head in confusion but I remember who I'm talking to. I pull the door open towards me and throw myself in, I sigh as my head begins to hurt like crazy and I feel unbelievably nauseous.

"Where are we going?" I ask, rubbing my eyes and looking in her direction. She slams on the accelerator and ignores my question. Typical.
I sit and watch as she drives from neighbourhood to neighbourhood, driving for what feels like hours. The car starts to slow down and I start to feel anxious.
My phone buzzes. Autumn's name lights up on my screen, my face starts to light up too until Rachel grabs my phone and throws it behind her, into the backseat of the car. I listen as my ringtone dies out and comes to a halt.

"You won't be needing that in rehab, Corey."

**
HI
Sorry I literally haven't updated for nearly a year (embarrassing) but I am back, maybe, hopefully!
Sorry this chapter took so long to write, it just takes so long to get back into the hang of writing after stopping. I kept getting comments asking me to update so here you go!
Let me know what you think!
(p.s I saw stone sour in December and they were amazing!!)