I'm Not Jesus (13)

I sigh in frustration, sitting next to Corey.

"Please, Corey. Talk to me." I say, reaching for his hand but he quickly snatches it away and slowly stands up. He looks at me one more time before walking away. I sigh, placing my head in my hands. 

"What a fucking drama queen." I hear Chris' voice mumble and I look up to see him standing next to me. "You alright?"

"Yeah, fine. It's just strange, the way he acts." I respond, receiving a nod from Chris. 

"You'll get used to it." He laughs, I sigh. I don't want to get used to that. 

"C'mon, Autumn, don't let him spoil your night." I hear Mick shout from the other side of the room. I smile weakly and stand up to join the others. I then hear the front door slam and I sigh, all I'm going to feel tonight is worry for Corey.

*
I walk slowly upstairs, I've not had a good night and I'm worried sick. Once I enter one of Craig's spare rooms I check my phone to see nothing new, Corey hasn't called and I hesitate calling him but I decide against it. I'm left in the room with my thoughts and the muffled sound of talking downstairs.
I put my headphones on and begin to draw on some paper I found lying around, drawing is something that has always relaxed me, even though I'm not great at it.

"Hey," I look up to see Sid standing in the doorway. I smile and take my headphones off. He sits next to me and looks at my drawing before looking at me,

"You haven't drawn for ages," he smiles, "I remember you used to all the time." I nod,

"I guess I just haven't had the time." I shrug. He leans back on the bed and lets out a sigh.

"Sometimes I kinda miss how life was before, before Corey got married, before you met the guys. When it was just you and me." Sid says, I notice his last sentence is quieter than the others. I meet his eyes and he looks at me. I feel myself agreeing with him and before I know it, his lips are just inches away from mine. Suddenly he pulls himself away from me, leaving me in a state of confusion until I realise what's going on.

I follow Sid downstairs and he walks into the living room, leaving me frozen, stood at the door way. Corey's standing, fists clenched, mirroring Mick's position directly infront of him. I feel my blood run cold as Corey walks towards me and stops.

"Get out of the way." He mumbles slightly. My eyes widen and I move to the side, receiving a glare from him. I watch as he enters the kitchen.

"Autumn-" I don't hear the end of Sid's sentence as I follow Corey. I stand opposite him and he looks angry,

"Corey..." my voice is quiet and helpless, "please, just talk to me."

"Why would I talk to you? All you've done since I met you is fuck up my marriage and my whole fucking life."

"Excuse me? You did that all yourself, Corey. Don't you dare accuse me of-" I'm stopped in my tracks as a stinging sensation forms on the side of my cheek. My eyes widen and tears threaten to spill.

"Fuck you." I mumble, walking out. Tears rush down my face and I make my way towards the front door.

"Autumn, wait!" I feel someone grab my hand and I look up to meet eyes with Jim. He notices my reddened eyes - and face - and furrows his brows. "Don't go." I sigh. His voice seems so desperate but I don't want to be in the same building as Corey any longer.

*
The guys have been arguing for what seems like hours. I sigh and lean against Sid, we've been trying to watch a film but everyone else is too loud for us to hear it.

"Everyone just shut up." Craig's usually silent voice yells. I look at Sid and he mirrors my surprised look. "Corey, get the fuck out of my house." Silence fills the room and the only thing to break it is the loud slam of the door.

*
Happy new year!