Forever Endeavor (22)

*AUTUMN'S POV*
The banging on the door is almost deafening and I'm convinced the door will be knocked down. I quickly get up and make my way to open it but Sid quickly grabs my hand.
"Wait, please." He says with pleading eyes, I just shoot him a questioning look and I carry on walking to the door Sid following me with his hand remaining clasped with mine.

Unlocking the door and pulling it open I'm met with the familiar eyes for what seems like the hundredth time this month. I feel Sid squeeze my hand and give me a warning look, but I'm not scared anymore.
"What do you want now Lucas?" I say, huffing and crossing my arms, causing Sid to stand closer to me after letting go of his hand.
"May I come in?" Lucas says, mocking my voice. I roll my eyes.
"Fine jus-"
"No you may not. You'll stay here to talk or you'll leave." Sid says sternly, causing Lucas to smirk.
"Shut up, Sidney."

Lucas makes his way into the house and I clench my fists as he wanders so naturally into the living room, sitting down on the couch. Sid remains close by but Lucas quickly sees to this,
"Fuck off out of here Sidney. This is not your conversation now is it?" Sid looks at me and I just nod, telling him to leave also.

"What do you want Lucas?" I sigh, we're left alone in the living room. There is silence apart from the occasional sigh from myself and laugh from Lucas.
"Take me back, Autumn. We have unfinished business do we not?" He smirks, repulsing me.
"We do not. If you think for a second I'll take you back you can think again." He frowns at this and stands up, making his way towards me.
"Don't use that tone with me, you know what will happen if you misbehave." He stands just centimetres away from me and I feel my breath hitch as he touches my face.

"Please...Lucas..stop..." I whimper. So much for not being scared. He laughs an evil laugh and pulls my face towards him.
"Don't be stupid Mayer, what makes you think I'll listen to you?" His voice is stern and violent, sending chills down my spine and scaring me beyond belief.
"Just leave me alone." I say, looking him dead in the eye.
"Shut up." He replies. His smirk is gone now and his eyes darken. What is he doing here? I feel my body start shaking as he comes even closer to me, I didn't even think that was possible.
"You're going to come with me, or you're going to suffer. What will it be?" Its now my turn to laugh,
"For God's sake, Lucas. I'll suffer either way. So just go, leave me alone, what will it take for you to give up?" I regain my confidence, I've had enough of playing around.

But I was mistaken. He grabs me by my hair, slamming me against the wall before throwing me onto the floor. Tears stream down my face as he climbs onto me, grabbing my head once again and slamming it repeatedly onto the floor. Please someone hear. Please someone call the police. Please someone save me.

*COREY'S POV*
I run. I run until I can't possibly run anymore. I'm such an idiot. Why did I let Lucas go see Autumn just to save my own skin? Selfish. After I let Lucas go see her he managed to knock me out. God knows how long I've been out, but I need to get back to Autumn now.

Pulling my collapsed body off the ground, I run yet again. I'm not far now, I can see the street lights guiding me to where she is. I just pray she is safe.
Finally approaching the house I find the door is wide open. Fuck. I walk in to find Autumn on the ground, her light blonde hair now red, drenched in blood, she's passed out and bruised. My eyes widen as I desperately shake her to try to get her to wake up. I'm going to kill Lucas if it's the last thing I do.
"Sid! Sidney!" I yell, and I hear frantic footsteps running to where I am. Sid almost collapses on the floor next to Autumn.
"I couldn't save her, I couldn't help her. He got me too, he locked me out until he finished with her. Then he ran away. The ambulance is on it's way but I'm afraid it could be too late." Sid shakes, tears welling up in his eyes. He loves her. I love her. I can't lose her, neither of us can.
"It's not too late. It's never too late."

**
Arriving at the hospital I groan, we've been here way too much recently. Luckily Autumn is not hurt too bad, just some cuts and bruises but nothing internal or life threatening, so we're able to leave once she's been cleaned up. As soon as we make it outside the building she collapses into my arms.
"Corey. Where were you? Why couldn't you save me?" She sobs, my heart breaks hearing her say this.
"Oh Autumn, it's not like that. He got me too. He got me before he got you. I came as quickly as I could, I'm so sorry." I hold her close to me and she doesn't speak another word and we stay like that. Comfortable in each other's arms, not feeling safe but feeling loved.

**
xoxo