Through Glass (11)

"Autumn, where are we going?" Corey asks me for the tenth time. I shake my head,

"I don't know, Taylor, ask the one who's driving." He notices the frustration in my voice and raises his eyebrows to the sound of me calling him by his last name. He simply leans back in his seat and stares out the window. I look ahead, catching Shawn's eye as he turns around to look at Corey and I in the back seat.

"Stop arguing, children." He winks before turning back around. I smile and look out the window. I feel Corey place his hand over mine, I look at him but he's still staring out the window. I blush slightly but continue to look straight ahead.
Shawn decided not to tell us where we're going for some unknown reason, he seems pretty happy about it.

Once we arrive Corey and I just sit in a confused silence.
"Uh, Shawn? Where the fuck are we?" Corey says, I laugh quietly to myself,

"Christmas shopping. I have no clue what to get my daughters so as you're a little bit younger than all of us, Autumn, I thought you could help." He smiles, I laugh,

"Fair enough," and Corey and I proceed to exit the car.

"Any reason why I needed to come?" Corey says, shoving his hands into his pockets. Shawn just shrugs and we walk into the large decorated shopping mall.

We walk around and I tell Shawn which shops would be best for him to look for stuff for his daughters. He thanks me and says that Corey and I can go off if we need to do any shopping.
"I need to get some food actually, you coming?" I say to Corey, he just nods and we walk off towards a department store.

Corey seems lost in his thoughts so we walk in silence the whole way. He's been pretty quiet all day but I decide not to mention it to him.
I start to get a strange feeling, like someones eyes are burning into the back of my head. I walk slightly closer to Corey, gaining a strange look from him before he turns round to meet the eyes of whoever is staring at me.

"Corey Taylor? No way," a strangely familiar voice says and I turn around as Corey stops to talk to the stranger. I feel my eyes widen in realisation that this is not just a random fan.

"Oh... you again. Lucas's girl right?" She says, with a bitchy tone to her voice. I just stand there in silence, because I know that anything I say she will repeat to Lucas later.

"No, she's not." I look up as Corey gives her an annoyed look before turning around and pulling my hand to get me to follow him.

"Slut." I hear her mumble under her breath and I tense up a little.

*
Corey, Shawn and I leave the shopping mall and go back to the car. Corey and I return to our seats in the back as Shawn drives Corey and I back to my place.
Once we arrive we are met with silence in the house,
"Oh, Sid must be out." I tell Corey and he nods as we enter the living room. I feel Corey tug on my hand a little and when I turn around to face him I don't have any time to think before he presses his lips against mine. It takes me by surprise and I stop him,

"No, Corey, we shouldn't," I say, he gives me a sad look, "you have a wife for God's sake." He sighs in frustration and runs a hand through his hair,
"But I want you, not her." He says, his eyes drifting to my lips,
"No. No, you don't. You can't have both of us." I walk out after saying this, leaving Corey alone in the living room.
'Why is there always drama when he's around?' I think before running upstairs to my room and shutting the door.

*
{a week later}
I sit in the passenger seat of Mick's car as he drives Sid and I to a fancy restaurant for Chris's birthday. Once we arrive, we join the others at a table. I notice a three girls also sitting on the table with us, I feel slightly relieved that I can finally have some female friends. They quickly introduce themselves as Violet; Chris's girlfriend, Sarah; Mick's girlfriend and Zoey; Shawn's wife. We engage in conversation as they ask me various questions about how I know the guys, how old I am and what living with Sid is like.
As I look around, I notice Corey isn't here. I can't tell whether I'm relieved or disappointed when I watch him enter the door to the restaurant. I feel my heart sink as I lay my eyes upon a woman walking along side him.

"Hey, guys. Sorry I'm late," Corey tells us before he sits down. He looks at me and smiles but I look down, too embarrassed by my disappointment.
"Are you okay?" Sarah asks me. I nod and smile at her, to convince her I was fine. I don't want anyone to know how I feel about Corey. Do I even know how I feel about him?

His wife comes over to sit with us girls,

"Hey, I'm Rachel." She smiles,

"I'm Autumn." I say.

"How do you know these?" She asks, gesturing to the guys.

"I live with Sid," I smile. She nods and returns the smile before engaging in conversation with Sarah, Zoey and Violet. I look up at meet eyes with Corey from across the table,

"Meet me outside, I can explain." He mouths, nodding his head towards the door. Before I can reply I see his eyes drift to the right of me,

"What did he say?" Rachel chuckles lightly. I feel my eyes widen as I panic, what do I say?

"Oh, uh...just asking if I'm okay." I say, she just nods slowly and goes back to her conversation. I realise I need to go somewhere to cool off.

"I'm just going to the bathroom," I say in response to the others' questioning looks. As I walk past Corey he tugs lightly on my sleeve to get me to stop walking. He leans back to whisper in my ear,

"Come outside when you're done. I'll say I'm going out for a smoke." I sigh in reply and just continue walking towards the bathroom. I sense footsteps behind me and as I turn round I am faced with Rachel's sickly smile as I open the door to let her in behind me. She seems to walk around the room, making sure no one else is in here, and that's when she snaps.

"I know what you're doing with my husband." She says, her kind, smiling personality dissapearing.

"What?"

"Oh, don't play stupid, Summer."

"It's Autumn." I say quietly.

"I don't care what your name is. Why don't you just leave him alone, you little bitch." I raise my eyebrows upon hearing this. Why is she suddenly assuming all of this?

"I'm not doing anything." I say, looking her straight in the eyes. She scoffs as she rolls her eyes,

"So you're a slut, and a liar?" I know I've had enough after hearing this and slam the door shut behind me, I hear her pathetic laugh as I exit the building.

"Autumn?" Corey says, I turn around to face him.

"I don't care anymore." I say, and before he can question what I mean, I pull him towards me, and press my lips against his.

*

Hello everyone! Sorry this is such a bad chapter and it took so long to write! This week and next week I have exams but I will try and fit in some writing when I'm not revising! (And yes, I made up the names for Chris, Shawn and Mick's girlfriends just because it's easier for me) xo