Dead Memories (14)

*COREY'S POV*

I shove my hands in my pockets as I walk away from Craig's house. Why did I slap her? I'm such an idiot. I feel a sudden buzzing in my pocket and pull my phone out to see Rachel calling me. I don't answer and just shove my phone back into my pocket.

Once I get home I'm a mess. I'm on my fifth drink when I notice someone standing outside. I move towards the door, stumbling a little.
"Autumn?" My vision is blurred and I have no idea who's standing infront of me.

"No, I'm not a woman." Sid's voice says. He pushes past me and I find it hard to concentrate.

"What are you doing?" I ask him, following him upstairs.

"We need to talk Corey. About this drinking thing. About Autumn, if you're gonna start drinking again how do you expect to continue with the band? How do you expect Autumn to like you if you hurt her?" His words are rough and his face is full of anger.

"I love her." I mumble.

"Yeah? Well you didn't do a very good job of showing her that."

"Oh god." I groan, holding my head in my hands. "I fucked it up didn't I?"

"Yeah, no shit."

Minutes seem like hours as Sid and I sit in silence until his phone goes off. He looks confused for a second and then his eyes widen.
Sid grabs my arm and pulls me downstairs, outside and into his car. He doesn't speak, just drives extremely fast. We arrive at a park, I look at Sid in confusion but he just gets out the car as I follow.

"Autumn?!" He shouts. My vision is slightly blurred and I find myself leaning against a tree as Sid walks further. The surroundings are pitch black apart from a few lights placed around the park. I hear shouting but my mind is blurry. I don't know what's going on but I know it's not good. I force myself to run after Sid.

Once I am reunited with him I look to the left to see a very familiar man. Memories come flooding back to the last time Autumn left. "Lucas." I mumble to myself. I feel myself slowly walk towards him but I am stopped in my tracks when I see her. She has bruises on her face and she's crying.

"Corey, stop it!" Sid yells. I didn't think, I punch and kick at Lucas until his face is bloody and Sid pulls me off.

I watch as Autumn walks towards Sid, engulfing him in a hug.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I hear him tell her. Her reply is inaudible but it causes Sid to smile. I feel myself getting dizzier and dizzier and the last thing I see before I pass out is her.

*AUTUMN'S POV*

I pace up and down the hospital hall way. When Corey passed out, he hit his head pretty hard and not only that, we had to call the ambulance for Lucas too since Corey had fucked him up so much.

"And no one told me about this drinking problem because?" Clear frustration is shown through my voice, receiving a sigh from Sid.

"Autumn, just sit down. I'll tell you." Sid says, he looks worried. I follow his intructions and sit on the floor next to him.
"The first time you met Corey, the night when he acted weird, was because he relapsed. He'd been sober for so long and once he gave in to temptation he was full of regret and hate for himself. And obviously that's what happened tonight." I nod slowly,

"So he hit me because he was angry at himself?" Sid just shrugs in reply,

"I don't know exactly what he was thinking when he did it but you should ask him. I just know the basic alcoholism shit that the doctor told me." I stand up after hearing this and make my way towards where Corey is, he's not in a dangerous condition of course, he just needs test for any damage when he hit his head.

I push the door open to see Corey reading the front of a newspaper. He looks up at me for a while, but doesn't speak.

"Are you okay?" I finally ask.

"Are you?" His voice is rough.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"Then yeah, I am." We meet eyes again for a second then I look away.

"Autumn. Autumn look at me." I feel almost afraid of him, too scared to look. I watch as he sits forward,
"I'm sorry, I'm so fucking sorry. I love you, Autumn, I really do."

I'm speechless, and Corey runs a hand through his hair before gesturing for me to come closer. I tense up and I see he notices this as his eyes are filled with hurt. I stand next to him and he lightly strokes where a bruise is on my cheek. I wince slightly,

"He won't hurt you again after today, Aut. I promise." He says looking into my eyes.

"But will you?"

***
Yay new chapter! Tell me what you think :) xoxo