The Fake Sound of Progress (21)

"Hey honey"
"Pet names, hey?" She raises an eyebrow and I just laugh.
"Only for you" I wink, and she wraps her hands around my neck. I feel my breath hitch as her face gets close to mine,
"I like it," she mumbles against my lips. I smile and she returns it before kissing me gently.

*COREYS POV*
Autumn rests her head against my chest and I hold her close to me. We sit in silence, both distracted by our own thoughts. She turns to look at me and I feel my heart start to beat faster, she smiles at me before climbing onto my lap, facing me.
"I love you," I mumble, she just laughs lightly before kissing me once more.

We're soon interrupted by my phone ringing. I groan slightly before answering, not bothering to check the caller ID.
"Hello?"
"Hey Corey, man. Someone here's looking for you, says you owe him something. I don't know. Just come, alright?"
"What? I don't owe anyone anything, tell him to get lost."
"Won't be that hard, mate, but I'll try. See you around." I hang up and scratch my head in confusion.

"What was that?" Autumn asks, her blue eyes meeting mine,
"Tom, a guy from a bar I used to hang out at, called. Apparently I owe someone there something."
"You do? But you're not going. You don't want to make anyone mad, I don't want you to get into any more trouble." She says, placing her hands on my face. I smile at her,
"It'll be fine, I'll be fine. Don't worry about it."
"I hope so." She mumbles, as if she was saying it to herself rather than to me.

*
Shoving my hands in my jacket pockets I leave Autumn and Sid's house. Ever since Tom phoned about me owing someone something I haven't stopped thinking about it. I head towards the bar, old memories and feelings come crawling back to my mind and I try as hard as possible to push them away. The last thing I need is to go back to alcohol.

Pushing the door open, I'm greeted by some strange, questioning looks as I walk towards a man I recognise.
"Hey, Tom." I say, he looks up and looks almost relieved that I'm here.
"Oh, Corey, didn't think you were coming."
"The guy you were talking about. Where is he?" He points to a man with dark hair and dark clothes, his light eyes meet mine and he gives me a half smirk before standing up.
"That's your guy," Tom mumbles. I nod and nervously swallow, clearing my throat before walking towards the man.

"Corey?" I just nod, "It's been a while."
"What?" I'm completely dumbfounded. I've never seen this man in my life. So why is he acting like we know each other?
"Oh don't you remember me? What a shame." He walks into the light and his face is painted with a smirk. Oh fuck.
"Are you ever going to stop showing up around here Lucas?" He just laughs and clears his throat.

"I have a good deal for you, Mr Taylor."
"What now?" I sigh deeply, I don't have time for this.
"Give me one chance just to speak to Autumn, hold her, make amends with her, or I'll tell your wife exactly where she lives," he laughs at himself, a dark look in his eye,
"You wouldn't dare." I shoot him a threatening glance and he continues to smile at me,
"I wouldn't speak too soon, Corey. So what will it be?"

* AUTUMN'S POV *
It's been hours since Corey left to go to the bar, it's all I can think about. Sid has told me repeatedly that it'll be fine, Corey can take care of himself, I know that, but that doesn't stop me from being drowned in endless seas of worry.
"What're you thinking about?" Sid asks me, dropping down in the seat next to me in front of the television. I just shake my head,
"Nothing, just daydreaming." I shoot him a reassuring smile, hoping to convince him. He just nods, still looking a bit confused but he lets it go.

I hear a sudden loud bang on the door, and almost at the exact same time Sid gets a phone call from Corey. What's going on?

*
Hey everyone, really short chapter but I haven't written anything new, this is just how much I left when I was last writing.
Just a little life update and reason why the book is on hold, I'm currently doing my a levels at school and on top of that I'm in a relationship and I also have a job, so obviously that leaves no time to write.
I'll still try to get a few chapters in now and then, but they'll be very slow uploads, so don't expect too much :)

Thanks to everyone who has still been reading, commenting and voting on my story recently even though I've not written a chapter in so long, it means a lot!

xoxoxo