Hold a Little Tighter (18)

AUTUMNS POV

I lay awake, thoughts rushing through my head. I close my eyes and listen as the calming rain patters lightly on the window. It's 4am and I'm alone. Being awake at a time like this is one of my favourite things. I'm the only one awake, it's silent and no one can disturb me from my thoughts. I think deeply about Sid. Why did he fight Corey? Why did it take so long to stop him? My thoughts are laced with confusion as I think about the night before.
I suddenly see my phone light up. 'That's strange.' I think. I look to see that Corey is calling me.

"Corey?" I hear him sigh in relief,
"Hey, you're awake?
"Evidently so," I laugh
"I miss you," he says, "I can't sleep."
"I saw you yesterday," I chuckle slightly.
"Mmhm"

*
I walk through the doors to the hospital to pick Sid up, Corey trails behind me as we reach the room Sid is in. I push the door open and I see his eyes light up as he sees me. Corey stays in the waiting area.

I walk towards Sid, sitting by the bed. He looks at me,
"You okay?" he asks,
"I should be the one asking you that" I smile. He just nods and reaches his arm out, signalling for me to come closer. I stand up and walk towards him, lightly resting my hand on top of his.

"I'm glad you're alright," I smile. He nods and our eyes meet. A nurse then enters the room and Sid continues to watch me as I turn to look at her. She tells me to leave while she prepares everything to discharge Sid. I exit the room and find Corey sitting with his head in his hands. I sit next to him, placing my hand on his shoulder. He turns to meet my eyes.

"Are you okay?" I ask. He nods slowly and leans back in his chair. I then feel him take my hand into his and I rest my head on his shoulder. We stay there in silence and watch the people in the hospital enter and exit. We just watch the world go by.

"Uh, Autumn," I lift my head to see Sid standing before us. Corey and I stand up to walk out with him.

**
"She's not even..." all the guys stop talking as I walk into the living room at mine and Sid's house. I give them all a confused look and Sid returns a guilty one. Were they all just talking about me? I feel a little pissed off and leave the room, leaving them in silence.

"Hey," Chris says to me as I enter the kitchen. It's only him and Craig in the kitchen. I smile at Craig in response to him nodding hello.

"You okay? I heard what Sid said too. We won't let him talk about you like that." Chris says. Heard what he said too? What did he say? I just shrug and he gives a worried look.
"I'm fine."
"Okay...if you say so." Chris is not entirely convinced but I don't care.

I sigh heavily to myself and walk towards the front door when I feel someone lightly grab my hand. I turn around expecting Corey, but instead it's  Craig.
"Be careful." he almost whispers. I sigh and turn fully to face him.
"I'll be fine." he just nods in response and I leave the house.

Shoving my hands in my pockets I'm hit with the harsh wind in my face. I walk and walk without stopping. I just get lost in my thoughts.
As I think about everything that has happened since I met all of Sid's friends, I notice tears threatening to fall. And I let them.

* COREY'S POV *
I lean back in my seat, not paying attention to what the guys are talking about. As I hear the door shut I sit up. Craig enters the room again and I give him a questioning look. He watches me before mumbling,
"She left." I sigh to myself realising he means Autumn and I quickly get up.

"Corey, she'll be fine," Sid says, "sit down."
"Has she been fine the last times she left on her own?" I say, causing Sid to sigh heavily. He then proceeds to stand up,
"Well, I'll go too." I fail to make eye contact with him as we agree to go together. I feel like I can't trust him ever since he tried to fight me. Even if he was drunk there must have been a reason why he did it.

As we leave the house we walk in silence as Sid tries to think of all the places she could be.
"You love her, don't you?" He's stopped in his tracks as he hears me say this.
"I..Uh...What?" I just shake my head at his response. We're left in silence again and Sid starts walking towards a bar.

"Why would she be in here?" I ask him. He just shrugs, pushing the door open. As we enter I'm hit with that familiar smell of strong alcohol and the familiar sight of bottles everywhere.
'It's just like my house in here' I think.
We walk around, but there's no sign of her. We leave and I follow Sid. He leads us to a wooded area and I notice I've been here before. I smile to myself at the fond memory of Autumn guiding me through here.

"This is the only place I can imagine her being." he says, entering. I nod and follow.
I take a deep breath, inhaling the fresh, crisp air that surrounds me. My feet crunch in the leaves laying on the ground before me. It's completely silent. Reaching an open space amidst all the trees, Sid begins to walk slightly faster and it's difficult to keep up with him.
He turns around, and nods at me. I run ahead to catch up with him.

I speed up my steps and stop in front of her. I kneel down and place my hands on her shoulders. She looks up at me. Her face is tear stained and her eyes are red. She suddenly throws her arms around me and I pull her closer.
"What's wrong?" I ask her. She just responds by shaking her head.

We stand up and begin to walk away but I see Autumn stop when she see's Sid. He looks down. What's happened with them?

"Si-Sidney..." her voice is quiet and she barely gets the word out. Why 'Sidney'? No one calls him that anymore. He looks up to meet her eyes and she quickly walks towards him and hugs him.

"I'm so sorry," I hear him say. I watch as they stand there, holding each other. I feel a sharp pang of jealousy as he strokes her hair. He pulls away so they're only inches away from each other and he says something. Something that causes Autumn's eyes to widen and her response causes Sid to look me in the eye. They pull away and we walk back to their house in silence.

Seriously, what's going on?

**

Hi!! Just a sort of filler chapter.

I got back from my holiday in Florida yesterday! It was so good, but so hot.

I finally updated! I will be updating a lot these next 2 weeks. But then after that I'm on holiday in Europe for a week. After that I'll be sure to update.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, tell me what you think! x