People = Shit (15)

I run my fingers through my hair and Corey watches me.
"Autumn, I-" he stops as my eyes meet his. His are blue and soft, and while mine are similar in colour, they are stern, not willing to give in.

"You what?"

"I'm sorry. You know I am. Of course I won't hurt you. Never again." He doesn't break eye contact as he says this. I feel a chill run through my body as he breaks the gaze and looks towards the door.

"Sorry, miss. You're going to have to leave." A young, male doctor enters the room. He looks exhausted and his dull grey eyes barely meet mine.

"Okay." I say weakly. Looking at Corey once more before leaving to join Sid again.

"You're back?" He asks upon seeing me.

"Yep. Another test or something. I was made to leave." He nods, before shutting his eyes.

I check my phone to see it's 2am, causing me to sigh. I notice I also have a missed call from Mick. I hesitate to call him back because it's so early but decide to anyway.

"Autumn? Where are you?" Mick's sleepy voice answers.

"Hospital," I tell him, "Corey and Lucas had a fight." I hear Mick sigh deeply.

"Why does he always have to get into fights?" He laughs slightly. "Sid with you?"

"Yeah, fast asleep." I grin upon seeing him leaning to the side slightly, eyes shut.

"Just like I was, seconds before you called me," Mick laughs, I smile,

"Sorry, Mick."

**
"Autumn, let's go." I wake to Sid shaking me. As my eyes slowly open I'm met with the black interior of Sid's car. I'm in the back seat and I notice Corey sitting in the seat in front of mine. We all exit the car and walk towards the front door of mine and Sid's house. As we walk in I feel Corey's warm breath on my neck and I walk faster, not wanting to deal with him tonight. Turns out he didn't take any real damage from the fall, just bruising. So he wouldn't be hesitating to act the same as usual.
I run upstairs, shutting my bedroom door behind me before falling asleep, once again.

I wake the next morning to see it's 11am. I sigh and roll out of bed, walking into the bathroom to shower. I watch as the water rolls off my body, noticing how slim I've got lately. Too much drama had caused me to forget meals. I sigh as the cold air hits me when I step out of the shower.

I make my way downstairs after getting dressed, leaving my hair to dry. I hope that Sid is downstairs so I don't have to face Corey on my own. Groaning at the sight of Sid's bedroom door shut, I enter the kitchen to make breakfast.
"Morning." Corey's voice entering the silent kitchen makes me jump slightly, I turn around to see his tired eyes.

"Hey." I respond, carrying my bowl of cereal to the table. His eyes follow me as I sit down.

"Morning." Sid walks in, smiling at me. I smile back in relief that I wasn't left with Corey. I don't think I can face him properly yet, I don't want him to think that I've forgiven him and act like nothing happened.

"We have band stuff to do today, Corey." Sid says, I continue to stare down at my hands on my lap. I hear Corey sigh in response, standing up.
"You gonna come along, Aut?"

"Nah. It's fine, you don't need me there, I'll just get in the way." I say and he responds with an understanding smile.

*COREY'S POV*
I sigh, holding my head in my hands. We've been at the studio all day and I haven't been needed to do anything yet. All I want to do is see Autumn. I check my phone to see no new messages. Before thinking I call Autumn.

"Hi?" She picks up.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I ask receiving a laugh from her,

"Yes. I think I can handle a couple of hours alone, Corey."

"Right. I was just checking."

"Okay well I'm sure you've got a lot of things more interesting to do than check on me." I can tell she is smiling as she speaks,

"Eh I'll find something. See you later then, Aut. I love you."

"I-...Bye, Corey."

*

Exhausted, I walk into my house. Slamming the door shut behind me I pull myself up the stairs, collapsing on my bed.
I wake hours later, checking the clock I see it's 2am. I sigh, getting up. I feel emptiness and I soon realise that there is only one thing that can help me. As I enter the kitchen I freeze. Autumn wouldn't want this. The guys wouldn't want this. Nobody would want me to drink again. But do I really care what they think?

After the second bottle I am overpowered by guilt and I attempt to fight the tears threatening to fall. Pathetic. Third bottle is gone now, why do I let this happen? Four. Five. Six. Silence. I stop. I flinch as I hear a loud smashing sound. 

"What are you doing?" Her voice is harsh and makes me cower backwards slightly. 

"Rachel, I-...get out." She scoffs,

"Don't tell me what to do." 

I stand up, stumbling a little. She raises her eyebrows at me, trying to be threatening but I'm too drunk to notice. 

"Where are you going?" She asks, as I walk towards the door. I ignore her,  walking outside, slamming the door behind me. The cold air hits me, and I try my best to get as far away from the house as possible. Once I reach a park I realise I probably won't be able to get any further without the risk of passing out in the middle of the road. I collapse onto a park bench hoping. Hoping that Autumn will come. An hour passes, why haven't I passed out yet? I call Autumn, I can't just wait for her to turn up. 

A few minutes later I am filled with relief upon hearing the hum of a motorbike engine coming closer and closer to the park. Standing up, I suddenly feel light headed, I shut my eyes tightly, trying to focus on standing straight and nothing else. 

"Corey..." Autumn's soft voice says, I smile as she stands before me. "Oh, Corey. What happened?"

**

This chapter took me so long to write. Idk why I just didn't have many ideas! I hope you have a good weekend and I apologise if this chapter isn't very good. Tell me what you think!