VI - Evil Shadow

Meanwhile, at the time of the first civilizations, the Star Hunter spacecraft was traveling towards planet Earth, following the coordinates traced by Drako, the specialist in information systems and navigation. The Science spaceship followed them to help capture Mirov and his military men. They tracked the battle cruiser Genesis, and even without knowing exactly the place where they had fled to, they decided to follow Zara's intuition and go back to the early beginnings of the formation of human society.

Again, the clever doctor was right. She imagined that the Machiavellian Mirov wanted to rule the human beings, in a moment when their civilizations didn't possess the warlike knowledge to fight against him. This way, it would be easier to control them. His intention was to use the science he had to organize the human societies and develop them under his subjection. In addition, Mirov would build the civilization through fear and divinization, making them serve him from the beginning, with the support of extraterrestrial technology.

Commander Merko and his allies were anxious to approach Earth. The Star Hunter spaceship captured the signs of enemy presence by analyzing the surface of the planet.

"Sivoc, prepare the crew, we're almost at our destination," Merko said, watching the Earth through the hatch of the command bridge.

"We're all set, Commander. Let's get Mirov and, this time, he won't escape!" Crom stated.

In Science spaceship, Drako warned his commander:

"Sir, I already have Genesis ship on our radars."

"Put our shields in full force and hide our presence. Synchronize the radar with ship Star Hunter's for Commander Merko to track information from his ship's command bridge," Sivoc retorted.

"Done, Captain."

In the engineering room, the weapons were checked and the crew moved through the ship, verifying the systems for an imminent battle.

"Open a communication channel with the ship Star Hunter's Commander."

A hologram with Captain Merko's image appeared in the center console:

"Tell me, Sivoc, my friend. What do you have for me?"

"Mirov's ship is on our radars, Commander", Sivoc said.

"We were able to intercept him. Are all the shields raised?"

"We're in invisibility mode. Do the same, Captain. We need to plot a surprise attack plan. Dr. Zara is incredible, she hit the spot. She scares me sometimes... I'm glad she's on our team."

"I'm going to teleport to your ship along with Nicholas, Zara and Crom for us to study the approach", said Captain Merko.

Nicholas was traveling alongside Zara. After so many adventures, he now had some experience and was ready for whatever happened. As the mission's physician, the doctor's help was needed. In addition, the couple showed that they both were also good strategists. Their ideas helped their friends win the first battles and would certainly be useful in the next clash.

Zara approached Nicholas, who was resting in his lodge on the ship and gave voice to a thought that had bothered her for days:

"How must our daughter Helen be? I'm missing her so much!"

"Don't worry, honey. She's fine, next to our family", Nicholas replied, bringing her to him and hugging her.

She was nervous and worried. She moved away from his embrace, saying:

"We're taking too long on this mission. Will they be able to stand waiting for so long? I'm afraid that they will decide to return home and expose themselves to the dangers that Helen's differentiated condition may bring."