XXIX - Revelation

Dargan's vehicle arrived at solid ground, automatically turning into an automobile. He stopped in the first East Coast city he encountered. He parked the vehicle on a less busy street, in the central region. After that, he walked to an empty alley, pressed his bracelet, and teleported himself, stopping next to Merko's house.

"A much faster means of transport", he thought with satisfaction. In order to avoid a direct approach, he decided to beep to Merko. It would be much better if they weren't seen together, in a civilized conversation.

"Captain, I need to talk to you. Meet me on the ship, please. Ask Z8 to give me the coordinates for teleportation."

Soon after, the necessary numbers appeared on his device.

"We'll meet there in a few minutes." Merko replied.

As soon as he sent the message in reply, he communicated to Nicholas and Zara what had happened.

"Dargan appeared. He wants to meet us at Star Hunter ship. Nicholas, I want you to come with me to talk to him, and after that we'll release the scout ship."

"Be careful! I will stay here waiting in case Lorena and Helen show up. If anything happens, I will let you know."

Dargan was in a reception room, when Merko and Nicholas materialized in front of him.

"How are you, captain?" He greeted him, and then looked at the boy. "You must be Nicholas. I'm Dargan."

"Nice to meet you," said Nicholas, trying to keep himself neutral.

"It's my pleasure."

"It's good to see you, Dargan." Merko approached to greet him.

"Thank you, captain!"

"Are you ready to go home? Our planet is in peace; Fizard helped us. He was forgiven by the queen, along with all the crew. You've been promoted to sergeant and the entire interstellar fleet has this information. I think you deserve it, without a doubt, because you've always been one of my most dilligent soldiers. So, it's time to go back home: I'm going to give you the coordinates so that you can return in a scout ship to our planet and occupy your military position. When you get there, look for Crom. Queen Isadora is a good ruler and the murderer of King Zador, the unscrupulous Mirov, is dead."

"I'm sorry, Captain, but you're very mistaken", he began to explain, his voice tense, cutting off Merko's long monologue.

The captain stopped, seeing in Dargan's eyes that something was very wrong.

"What do you know?"

"Mirov's alive!" Dargan was direct.

"Mirov... Alive...?" Nicholas asked, leaving the neutrality, eager to know what he had to say.

"Yes! He's alive and plans to accelerate the evolution of the human race through the genetic engineering and technology of our planet Life."

"But how is this being still around? I destroyed him myself with a fulminant attack." Nicholas was apprehensive at the news.

"You didn't. I saw him with my own eyes. Radof saved him by teleporting him under a light curtain before your attack hit him. They escaped in a scout ship, equipped with a gravity-switching weapon. That's how they managed to get here."

"That bastard!"

"There's more. Here comes the worst..."

Nicholas interrupted him:

"Can there be anything worse than Mirov being alive?"

"Helen and Lorena are imprisoned in the alien capture base. The agency that takes care of this is now international and is called WAEP, World-wide Agency of Earth Protection. The one who commands it is Mirov himself, in the skin of the director Ronald Steighem. They know everything about Helen and plan to use her in genetic experiments. Unfortunately, I made a report about your family myself, Captain Merko, because it was my mission and I didn't know about the outcomes of the battle you fought. So, I ask you to forgive me. I'm willing to help in whatever is necessary."