XX - Ressurrection

After a few hours, Tibor reached the ship Science's command room, fixing his robes over the repaired arm. He was still yawning when Drako called him and Zara to talk. And so, after hearing what others had to say to him, he replied:

"I know the losses of our friends are irreparable, but if we go back in time, we risk our own lives and the damage may be even greater."

"Nick's very sad and Drako believes it's possible to accomplish this feat. We know what were the traps used by our enemies and we'll have a better chance of defending ourselves", Zara explained.

"I think we'd better go away. I don't want to go back to that planet. I don't think anything will change what happened", Tibor replied emphatically.

"Dear Tibor, our lives are empty without the presence of our friends", Drako intervened. "Nicholas lost his father, and this is irreparable to him. Any attempt to fix things will be welcome. We've gone through very difficult missions; I don't even need to remind you... Your lost organs are proof of how hard you've fought and conquered in this lifetime. Please, reconsider your decision. We need you now more than ever."

He considered all situations before answering:

"If everyone agrees to take the risks, I'm with you. My arm is ready to give another punch on those damn bastards. Strange to think this way... After all, they're all dead. This gives my brain knots", Tibor confessed, scratching his head.

Nicholas came in next, freshly awake, and came face to face with his anxious friends, staring at him. After hearing what they had to say, he pondered a lot and said:

"If it's really possible to accomplish such a feat, my vow to return to the past before the battle is yes, of course!"

Everyone shook their heads in agreement and smiled at the possibility of saving the life of Merko, Crom and Sivoc... Why not the entire crew of Star Hunter? Thus, when they got to Orion, Drako traced a new course for the terrestrial past with the goal of arriving before the final battle.

"Board computer, trace coordinates seven, five, nine, zero. Mark eight, two, seven, four. Induction motors with full force."

"Understood, Sir." Answered the female voice.

As they traveled, Drako and Zara wondered what it would be like to go back to their own past... Would they occupy their places in Science spaceship as if time had never passed? Or would they live together with their "ancient selves" in harmony? It wouldn't be long before they found out, for after a few more hours of traveling, the ship had reached its destination. The great blue sphere was waiting to swallow them as they entered the atmosphere. The Science spaceship paired with Star Hunter spacecraft and a time paradox was formed. Nicholas teleported along with Tibor to the other ship and assumed their positions at that time, disappearing in front of Drako and Zara.

They arrived at the exact instant when Merko's ship was preparing for battle, after the Games of the Gods were already over. Then, Drako traced a course to the sea where the other spaceship Science was hiding.

As they approached, they took the place of the other ship that was at the bottom of the sea, as if the present took hold of the past. Inside the ship, the crew looked at each other, trying to decipher what had happened, still half-stunned. Only Zara and Drako were prepared for that.

"Are you the Drako from the future?" Zara asked, scanning him, waiting for his reactions.

"I obviously am." Drako smiled. "I think you want to know if I'm the one who came to save Sivoc, Merko, and Crom. Yeah, don't worry, we're on the right ship. Or at least that's what I hope. I'm the one who participated in the plan to reach the past and change it."

"What happened? How could the other ship vanish?" Zara looked at Drako, not understanding.

"Somehow there was a fusion between the past and the present. This demonstrates that paradoxes have their own solution to space-time travel problems. A good interpretation for this fact is that the law of the temporal paradox must establish that the last event prevails over the fact that preceded it. So, since we're here and our plan worked out, let's go to what really matters: the solution to our friends' problem. In a few hours, we'll all be on the battlefield. Mirov prepared a trap for Merko to lose his powers by using an electromagnetic field to neutralize the commander", Drako explained, trying to understand the fact that happened as well.

"Let's call Tibor and Nick to talk."

"Okay. I think that's a good idea."

At that moment, Tibor and Nicholas were talking in a reserved place in the Star Hunter spaceship, while Merko's team was preparing to fight against Mirov's forces.

"Imagine, Tibor, if we tell everyone what happened and they discover that in a few hours they will all die."

"You're right, Nick. We'd better think of a plan to save the crew without further complicating the situation. I think it's best if we don't tell what happened, otherwise a series of facts could change, ending our surprise factor."

"We agree."

They came to the conclusion that they should talk to their friends in Science ship. They then made a call to the scientific ship.

"Zara, are you hearing me?"

"Yes. Loud and clear. We were going to call you now."

"Did you arrive safe? How was the approach to the other ship?"

"It disappeared and we took its place as we approached. Drako will explain to you the conclusions he reached about what happened after. Now, we need to trace a plan to save our friends. And what about you? Did you tell Merko anything about what happened?"

"Not yet. I think he and the others won't like to hear what we have to tell them. Besides, we concluded that if they knew the truth, it would change the entire chronological sequence of events, jeopardizing our strategy to intervene at the right time of the combat."

"Come here with Tibor and bring a scout ship." Drako interrupted the conversation. "We need to get together to think about the next step."

"Okay. I'll tell Merko that I miss Zara and I'll be back quick."

"Commander, Nick wants to see Zara before the final battle. Can I escort him to Science spaceship?"

"Of course, you can, Tibor. What I really wanted was for him to stay with her and not participate in this fight, for it will be very dangerous. But he's stubborn and will never give up."

"He must have taken after someone in the family!" Tibor replied, smiling.

"Uhum, I understood..." The captain smiled back.

Nicholas and Tibor went to Science spaceship to meet with Zara and Drako. As soon as they arrived, they began to talk about the impending battle.

"It's time to save lives," Nicholas started, full of hope.

"We go into battle as if we don't know anything and then we change the future. We already know the chronology of the facts. We'll warn Merko when the fatal time approaches, and we'll destroy Mirov", Tibor said.

"While everyone's busy with the battle, I'll try to destroy the electromagnetic network around the Earth", Drako was determined.

Nicholas and Tibor entered the scout ship and, from the ship Science's hangar, took off from the ocean. Behind them, Bob, the Earthman's loyal servant, flew, stretched out its arms and cut through the air, ready to do whatever Nicholas ordered it.

_____________________________