XVIII - The Last Fight

Inside the sea, Zara and Drako watched the two huge objects on their radar. They knew the battle wouldn't be easy, even with all the experience of Commander Merko.

"My Nick's in danger, away from me. I could be there now helping them in this battle. But since our ship is scientific, it doesn't have the armaments to give the necessary support, we would be easily destroyed. And my dear can die without me even being close to him. I think I'll teleport there and help them as I can."

The doctor had a strange feeling that something bad was going to happen. Sweat dripped from her forehead, wetting her red hair. Drako read her thoughts before saying:

"Don't be like this, Zara. You must obey Sivoc's orders and remain on this ship. We prepared an ambush for him and his military on the eastern side of the planet. Don't worry, we'll be able to defeat Mirov like we did before."

"I think we should help them somehow..."

"I received orders from Sivoc and Merko to take care of you, so that you would only monitor the battle. We can't do anything to help them other than using the information in our system if they need it, or in the need of medical treatment, if there are any injuries. We also need a ship ready to go back in case Star Hunter ship is damaged."

"Nicholas never entered a battle. I'm afraid he'll get hurt."

"Don't worry, Merko will protect him."

Zara was a little bit calmer after talking to her friend Drako, but the feeling wouldn't leave her, that bad feeling.

"Is Helen okay in the future? The temporal paradox doesn't allow us to communicate with her", she thought. Maybe it was about the rest of her family that she should be worried.

Little Wolf, the robot dog, walked toward Zara. It approached her, licked her left hand's fingers to show affection, and raised its ears. Then, it barked three times. She smiled a little uneasily, passed her hand on its head and, as if she knew what the machine meant, she replied:

"I know they'll be back too." She looked through the large hatch to the outside of Science spaceship. She observed the fish and aquatic animals that swam next to the ship and ran her index finger in her eyes to wipe away the tears that fell.

***

The battle cruisers yoked and the robots of the two ships were at the peak of the battle. Some of them stood near the built base to protect it from enemy fire. Bob was among them.

Crom and Tibor came out of the landing platform, each with an attack ship and a robot flying beside them. Other soldiers entered smaller ships and set off for combat.

Merko stayed in Star Hunter spaceship with the rest of the crew. Sivoc teleported together with the engineers and, in seconds, they were on the command bridge. Smaller ships began to leave the two mother ships and attacked the enemies, trying to destroy them. Bursts of projectiles were fired from the scout ships under Captain Kirubi's command successively, creating clouds of bright sparks that covered the skies.

"Destroy everything you see in front of you", ordered Mirov. "I don't want any survivors."

The robots attacked each other and each punch emitted a more deafening noise than the other. They launched laser beams through their eyes and mutual shots through their cannons. Nicholas, connected to the robot, instructed him to strike the rivals, causing the metal to collide with powerful blows. The iridium shells tinkled, echoing through the noise of the war.

Several ships on both sides fell when they were hit, some exploded. Shots ripped through the skies like lightning. Breakdowns and deaths covered the floor with blood. The devastation was enormous, the thunders didn't stop and the wreckage spread through the air. The damages of a war with multiple losses on both sides could already be seen.