XXI - A New Reality

Drako entered a scout ship in the hangar of the Science spaceship and took flight, in order to fulfill his mission. At great speed, he began to approach the electromagnetic field of the Earth. He launched two missiles that exploded as they met the net that enveloped the planet. Bob flew close to Drako, following Nicholas' instructions, and fired several rockets to help destroy the force field, in which it succeeded.

To confirm, the robot flew to the exosphere, sending the images to Drako. He could see from the holographic instruments that everything had returned to normal. The Earth was free from Mirov's net.

The Pharaoh, at that very moment, was talking to the queen on the balcony of the royal palace. The two stared in amazement as rays appeared at the tips of the pyramids, forever deactivating the alien technology.

"What could that be, dear?"

"I think the gods are at war, my queen."

"And you believe they'll come back?"

"I think they'll eventually destroy themselves. When forces are equal in opposite directions, they're cancelled. I learned this from the architects who came from the heavens."

Kyra, upon hearing her husband's words, thought about the hypothesis that Kirubi would never come back and got unsettled. Her face transformed, with a look full of hatred, judging herself betrayed.

"What is it, my dear? It seems like you suddenly got weird."

"Great Pharaoh, I must confess something to you and I don't know how you'll react."

"You can say it, my queen. I always hear your wise words."

"The captain of god Mirov's ship, Kirubi..."

"What happened?"

She, nervous, decided to soften things to her side. But, at the same time, she wanted to show her husband that other men desired her, even a god. In fact, she wanted the Pharaoh to turn against Kirubi and use his army to destroy him. The queen heard King Assuridor say that the gods could be killed. In addition, everyone knew that a goddess had lost her life in a fight in the arena.

"He wanted to possess me, promising to take me to the stars and make me his goddess. But, since I love you very much, my lord, I moved away from him."

"That bastard! Whether he's a god or not, I'll finish him."

The Pharaoh left in a hurry.

"Wait, dear. Don't..."

Kaenematon ran to the palace hallway and shouted furiously:

"Guards, convoke the military council. Immediately."

The general arrived, too, finishing adjusting the helmet.

"Yes, your Majesty."

"Prepare the army. We'll march as fast as we can. Horses and knights... I want everyone ready to attack these gods, who will feel the cut of our blades and bleed to death."

"I'll do as you command."

After preparing the army, the commander of the Egyptian forces led the humans in his war chariot, alongside the Pharaoh.

They headed toward the west of the planet, to where they saw the ships move, according to the guidance of the royal astrologers. Kyra saw the Pharaoh leave with the military and felt a strong desire to see Kirubi dead. She believed he'd deceived her just to have her in his arms for one night.

The forces of the Egyptian king marched fiercely until they came as far as possible from their country, but there was no sign of the gods.

"General, where are those damn gods?"