XXX - Death is his Name

Helen remained together with her grandmother. She was worried, because she felt her pain and no longer knew how to help. She had already tried to ease it, but nothing worked. She asked for help, but no one had offered her anything to help her. It was as if her voice didn't come out...

Mirov just watched them, savoring their pain and despair as if it were a prize.

Steighem called a doctor from the base and had him examine them.

"That imbecile Merko wants to protect his planet and the humans from Earth, but he forgets to take care of his own wife. All I can do is let her feel the pain that should have been destined for him. This way, that worm will know that he should have served me from the beginning."

The doctor approached, beside the disguised director and dictator, who was lost in his sadistic ideas. He decided to interrupt Mirov, clearing his throat:

"Do you want to tell me something, Doctor?" He looked at the doctor, who got embarrassed.

"I'd like to know if I can medicate the lady. She must be in terrible pain."

"Not yet... Leave her be some more. At the right time, you'll give proper assistance."

"But, sir?"

"How dare you question my orders, doctor? Do you want to be transferred to a base in Antarctica?"

"No, sir, I'm sorry!"

The man left, his head down, thinking of the woman who was suffering, while Mirov, after getting bored, turned his back on the two and their supplications. He walked down the hall, until he met Collin Netil and Ann Soliver.

"Sir, why's Merko taking so long to get to our base?"

"Calm down, Collin. I already sent a helicopter to catch all three. In a few hours they'll be here. Revenge's a dish best served cold..."

"Yes, sir. We'll continue to make preparations for the arrival of our visitors."

Meanwhile, in the captain's house, everyone was apprehensive, waiting for news.

"Sir, Sivoc's ship approaches Earth", Z8's female voice said to Merko's communicator.

"Great! Ask them to land beside you in the ocean and come to my house."

"Yes, sir."

While Merko, Nicholas and Zara recapitulated the Terran's plan, four images began to project into the room. In a few seconds, Sivoc, Drako, Tibor and Crom arrived. Everyone hugged, relieved and worried at the same time.

"How did you get here so fast?" Nicholas was astonished.

"We used a wormhole. Our warp engines gave everything the ship could and we were able to accelerate the journey in a few hours. The reason was relevant!" Drako replied.

"With Drako controlling the navigational instruments, anything's possible," Sivoc commented. "Now, tell us all that happened."

Merko reported in detail the latest events to his friends, who looked at each other, in shock.

"You mean Dargan's our ally? That's a good thing! If Helen and Lorena were not imprisoned, we would invade the base right now and end up with Mirov once and for all." Tibor closed his bionic hand in a gesture of hatred.

Merko, Zara and Nick explained Nicholas' plan and the plan B, which would be the invasion of the base by the ship Science's crew, in a desperate attempt to save their friends in distress, if they took too long to return. In the middle of the meeting, where everyone was talking about the strategy of the invasion of the base, Drako looked at Zara and found her strange. He decided to call her and, before she answered, she put her hand to her mouth and hurried off to the bathroom, to vomit.

"What happened, dear?" He looked at her with curiosity when she returned.

"I got sick. It must be the anxiety of the situation."

The friends looked at each other and Drako said:

"Zara, I'd like you to come with me to Science ship. I think it's important for you to medicate yourself and get well for the mission. We have a team ready with everything you need on our ship," he turned to his friend. "Tibor, can you join us?"

"Yes, of course."

"We'll be back in a few minutes," Drako said.

"Nicholas, do you want to come with us?" Zara looked at her husband.

"No, darling. They'll take good care of you. If you need me, contact me and I'll teleport you to Science spaceship in a few seconds. I love you! I'll stay here with Merko and think of every detail of the plan. I beg you not to take long, because the damned Mirov demanded your presence. The transport vehicle he sent must already be arriving."

It took half an hour for Zara and the others to get back from the ship. Nicholas was going to ask the reason for the delay, but he left his nervousness aside when he saw that she looked much better and less anxious.

"How are you feeling, my love?"

"It seems like a miracle. I feel perfectly fine."

It was at the exact time when she finished the sentence that they received a message from Z8, warning that the helicopter had arrived at the place indicated by Mirov.

They all looked at each other, anxious. They hoped everything would work out, because otherwise that could be the last time those friends would ever talk.

"Good luck!" Tibor wished after hugging the captain.

"Let's face evil for the last time," Merko seemed optimistic about the facts.

Sivoc, Drako and Crom hugged and shook the trio's hands before they left. They teleported to the indicated place, a large open space, until they were recognized by the ship, receiving authorization to embark. Meanwhile, the others began to arm themselves and choose the best way to attack the Terran base. If they took more than four hours without news, the friends from Planet Life would invade the WAEP with all the firepower they had. They would also prepare Star Hunter spacecraft to attack the enemies, if necessary.

 _______________________________