X - The Beginning of the Games

First day

The weapons were drawn for each of the players involved, through a computer that projected the result into a gigantic hologram. A panel with the names of the players and the corresponding armaments drew the attention of the competitors. The first of Commander Merko's team to fight would be Tibor, and the chosen weapon was the spear. He stood for a few seconds weighing the gun with his hand, before facing his opponent.

On the other side was Lieutenant Korin, who had come out with the war axe. They both watched each other, studying their opponent's reactions. The tip of the spear had a cutting blade the length of a forearm, and the giant axe was very sharp. The steel of the weapons glowed in the sunlight. They moved them, cutting the air in several directions, feeling the hilt.

"I liked the axe because it's strong and I can win the fight with a single blow," Korin analyzed.

"With the spear, I'll become more agile; I'll retaliate the blows with speed and dodge the slow attacks that he'll apply with the weight of his axe." Tibor smiled at this strategy.

At the fight ring, the battle began. The opposite sides approached, full of taunts to each other.

"You're no match for me, Tibor."

"Let us decide this by fighting." Upon saying this, Tibor cut the air with the spear in front of him.

Then, he positioned it with his bionic right arm curved behind his back. He picked the spear and tested his opponent, who retaliated with the axe. The clank of the blades was heard as they touched. The edge of the axe weighed on the blade of the spear and pushed it to the ground. Sparks came out at the touch of the guns and they fought with great skill. Suddenly, the edge of Korin's weapon cut Tibor's left arm, close to his shoulder. He grunted in pain.

"The bastard hit me, but no problem... I still have a lot of blood to fight."

"I'll finish with what's left of you." Korin smiled.

Although he felt pain, Tibor did not mind injuries. He was brave and didn't fear his enemies. He had learned from life that scars are part of the body of a brave man.

The people shouted in unison because of the strength of the fighters. Tibor looked at the bleeding arm and put his bionic hand on it. It cauterized the wound with a laser that came out of its index finger. Then, he began to maneuver the spear, preparing himself for another attack. Lieutenant Korin's eyes widened as he watched his opponent act so coldly at his wound. Before, he believed that the fight was almost over and he felt confident, but he was badly mistaken. When Korin returned with the axe shaft in a frontal strike, Tibor spun his heels with agility and positioned himself with the spear, striking the Lieutenant's abdomen, which fell to the ground when he was also struck with a kick from behind him. The lieutenant felt that the cut was deep.

Korin shook his head, giving up the fight. The crimson red blood gushed from an artery and he began to lose consciousness, quickly. The audience cheered, asking Tibor to take away his life, but he ignored them and called for help to save his rival.

Tibor valued life, and altruism was a companion of his heart. He put his hand over the wound of his rival in order to block the blood outflow. The lieutenant looked into his eyes and thanked him with his head for the gesture. The doctors entered the arena and gave him first aid, tearing Lieutenant Korin's blue robes to take care of the wounds. They immediately took him to rebel ship Genesis' nursery to receive the necessary care.

Tibor left the arena, and those who watched him applauded, acknowledging his victory. Merko's team started the games with a small advantage.

The score appeared in the holographies of the arena, scoring 1 x 0 for Merko's team.