3: The Book Escape.

Megan Crawford.
Monday, June 29th 2015.
08:58.

That day was my first day of work.

My mother had been so glad when I had told her that I had been able to find work. I was in quite a good mood as well, unlike the day before. I wanted to be enthusiastic about everything and I was so happy that there I had on a smirk.

When I walked through the door of the store, Aria was already there. She was on the stool in front of the wooden desk with a book on her hands and a coffee mug. She smiled at me when she saw me, and I grinned back. I left my purse on one of the chairs and took off my denim jacket, placing it down as well.

"Good morning, Megan."

"Good morning," I said as I looked around the store. Everything was so quiet; the store had not opened just yet. The place smelled of dust and summer breeze, and the colors of the furniture were so dark.

"Listen now, we did not discuss this yesterday," Aria told me as she intertwined her own fingers together. "I will take care of the coffee section, you will just have to be the waitress of the customers. Is that fine with you?"

"Of course, yes," I assured her as I nodded my head many times. We were both quiet for a moment before I pressed my hands together and started to make my way towards the desk. I glanced at Aria with a raised eyebrow and wondered, "What should I do now?"

"You will be so good at this job," she muttered under her breath as she shook her head and smiled at me. She pointed with her slender finger towards a few books that were on a shelf nearby and explained to me, "Your first chore as a worker is to take those books to the back room. Can you do that?"

"Sure," I agreed as I nodded my head several times. Aria brushed a strand of blonde hair from her eyes as a sigh escaped her lips and she gave me a thankful expression. I could see that she had been in need of another worker for so much time, and now that I was there, she was so relieved.

I walked towards the many books and took a few of them in my hands. I started to make my way towards the back room, looking around and admiring the comfortable store. I opened the door that would take me into the room and looked on the wall to find the switch. I turned the lights on to see more shelves, with books that seemed to be worn out and ancient. I placed the ones I was holding on one of the shelves.

I went back outside for the other books and did the same I had done before. After I took all the books to the back room, I went back to where Aria was. I saw then, that she was not alone anymore.

He was standing there with a tired and dull expression. He seemed to have just woken up, his brown hair was tousled and his blue eyes were exhausted. He had on a pair of jeans and an Abercrombie gray shirt, as well as white Converse.

I was so confused because he was there that I hit one of the shelves with my shoulder and made a loud noise. Both Aria and he turned to look at me, and he met my eyes. I was reminded of the night we had met, of how much he had bothered me, but had still fascinated me at the same time. I felt that way in that moment as well, because I did not want him to be there, but his handsome looks and beautiful gaze distracted me.

I could not believe Kyle was in The Book Escape.

"Megan," he said, his voice was as deep as I remembered. He crossed his arms over his chest and stared at me up and down. He admitted as he shook his head and gave me grin, "I did not think I would see you again."

"I have such bad luck," I murmured to myself as I pressed my hand against my forehead and let out a sigh. I had not wanted to see him ever again, but there he was, just a few days after I had first met him. "What are you doing here?"