9: Romantic Gestures.

Megan Crawford.
Wednesday, July 8th 2015.
10:26.

Aria was staring at me from across the store.

She had not said much in the time that I had been there, but her stolen glances at me were making me nervous. I was not sure of what she knew about me and Kyle, but I knew that she was curious and wanted me to tell her everything, from the start to the end.

Kyle was not there and I was thankful for that. I did not want to have to deal with him, I knew that he would try to apologize to me. But I was done with him, I did not want to hear his voice anymore, I did not want to have anything to do with him. If he tried to speak to me, I would ignore him.

The day had gone just fine, at least, that was before Kyle arrived at the store.

He walked through the door with a tired expression, as if he had not gotten much sleep the night before. He looked around for a moment, with dull and exhausted blue eyes. But then, when he saw me, a wide smile spread across his lips and he seemed so much more alive.

I turned away from Kyle as he started to walk towards me. I made my way to the back of the store and tried to get as far from him as I could. But it only took him a minute to catch up, and now, we were standing together behind a shelf. Aria could not see us from where she was, which was probably for the best.

"Hey, Megan," Kyle said in a sheepish manner. I glanced down at him and took in his appearance, he was wearing a gray sweats as well as white Vans. He looked so good, he never really wore those clothes, but I had to snap out of my thoughts.

"I thought I made it clear yesterday that I want nothing to do with you," I told him as I shook my head and tried to walk past him. But as always, he took hold of my hand and spun me around, making me look at him again.

"You did, but I have to change your mind somehow," he said as he took a step forward, smiling down at me. I did not know why he even kept trying, anyone else would have understood that I did not want to be with him, but of course, he would never take no for an answer.

"Too late for that," I muttered as I looked down at the wooden floors and played with a thread of my yellow sundress. "You should have thought twice before you disrespected and offended me."

"I am so sorry about that," Kyle said in a quiet voice as he loosened his grip on my hand and ran his hands down his brown hair. "But I was just so angry because I believed that you had been with everyone in your school. It drove me insane when I thought that you had slept with so many bastards."

"I have never slept with anyone from my school!" I grumbled out as I rolled my eyes at him. "Ava just made that up because she is jealous of me. But you should tell her that she has nothing to worry about, because I am not attracted to you. In fact, I think I hate you."

"I said I was sorry," he told me with a sigh for what seemed to be the millionth time. He seemed so desperate for me to believe him, but I found that hard after everything he had said and done to me. "I know it was wrong of me to listen to her. But I still got mad."

"I know you were mad," I said in a bitter tone as I crossed my arms over my chest. "So mad that you even laughed at me for being in love with Josh. You knew that that would hurt me, and that is why you said it. You wanted to cause me pain with your words, and you did."

"I only said that because I hate Josh."

I frowned and shook my head in confusion. That did not make any sense, the only time Kyle had met Josh had been that one day at the beach, and they had spoken to each other for less than ten minutes. "You do not know him."