18: Relationships.

Megan Crawford.
Monday, July 27th 2015.
10:53.

Olivia, Jane and Diana were bothering me as they talked to me with those shrill voices and dumb comments.

"Greg swears he never cheated on me," Jane said as we all stood in The Book Escape. Olivia had told her friends to spend time with her as she worked, and for some reason, they were talking to me too. I was not close to them, at least not so much that they wanted me there.

I tried not to roll my eyes. I knew that Greg had cheated on Jane, and it had been with her best friend, Olivia. Violet had seen them kissing and she had told me about it. I could not believe that someone would stab a loved one on the back like that, but it was not really my problem. I was not about to tell Jane that Olivia had done that terrible thing to her, and Olivia was not going to come clean either, because she had a fake smile on to cover up how worried she was that Jane would find out about her secret.

"You should trust him," Olivia said as she nodded her head too many times. I was not sure how she could live with the guilt of doing that, because I never would have been able to keep that to myself. But I did not know what had caused her to do that, maybe she had a good reason. I could not criticize unless I knew all there was to the story.

"Megan, what do you think?" Diana wondered all of a sudden, curling her red hair around her finger and offering me a devilish grin. "What should Jane do about this? I mean, I know you are single and have never had a real boyfriend, but any advice?"

I did not know why she felt the need to bring up my love life, but I decided not to call her out on being obnoxious, I just ignored it. I faked a grin and gave her a shrug. I said in a sweet voice, the opposite of the way I wanted to respond to her, "I think you should have more faith in your boyfriend, Jane."

Jane opened her mouth to say something. But she held back from speaking when two strong hands were on my waist, pressing me back against someone. I was startled, but once I realized who it was, I smiled in a wide manner and turned to look at the person with excitement.

"Hey, princess," Kyle said into my ear. I was reminded for a moment about yesterday, when he had spoken in that same voice that sent shivers down my spine. It had all been so incredibly amazing. And now, standing there in front of him, I knew that it had changed everything.

"Hi, Kyle!" I said, turning around in his arms to give him a kiss. It was turning into a habit, to press my lips to his whenever I saw him. I liked that, that it was so simple. He smiled against my mouth, definitely loving that I was not holding back.

"Uh, what the fuck?" Jane said, sounding more confused than ever, she had her lips parted and a frown on her brow. Her expression was priceless and so amusing, I wished I could take a picture. "Since when are you with Kyle Norwood?"

"Oh, right," I said, it was clear in my voice that I was holding back a wide smile. They had never expected me to be with someone as attractive as Kyle, and even when I knew that showing him off was not good, I could not help but want to do so.  "Turns out I am not single, Diana."

She just stared at us, Kyle had an arm around me and seemed confused as to what was going on. But then, when Diana talked once again, words that made me feel a bit offended, he went from dazed to mad. She wondered, "Why are you dating Meg?"

It had never been stated that we were dating. Of course we were more than friends, I was sure of this after what we had done in his bedroom. After all those kisses and touches and whispers we could never go back to the way we had been before. But I still did not know what we were to each other, it was strange to have someone else say that we were actually dating.