20: E-mails.

Megan Crawford.
Saturday, August 1st 2015.
16:48.

Kyle took me to an alley somewhere in a quiet street, telling me that he wanted some time alone with me to kiss and talk. But we bumped into someone when we arrived.

The alley was narrow. There were some bottles on the ground as well as cigarettes, and it was obscure because the buildings it was between did not let the sun through. There was someone at the end that looked familiar, and though I had never met him, I knew in an instant who he was.

It was Michael, which I found strange. I had never seen him in my life, but I had heard so much about him. I knew that he was best friends with Kyle, and from what I had been told, he was really dumb and fun to be around. He seemed like a good person, but I had my doubts about him.

Michael had a brother, my classmate, Scott Wilde. Scott was an idiot, he walked around school with his chin up and a girl under his arm. He was in the lacrosse team, which got him many dates with the prettiest students. It was so annoying to see him in parties, being loud and obnoxious and drunk, because he did everything to take a girl home. Even when he had been with Olivia, he could never keep his hands to himself.

But as Kyle and I walked hand in hand towards Michael, he did not show signs of being bothersome and rude, instead, he had a bewildered look on his expression. He ran his fingers through his hair –which was dark blond, the same as Scott. I realized that he resembled his brother really much, with his muscled and tall frame, though Michael did look older.

He did not even seem to notice me standing there in front of him as he said to Kyle with panic in his tone, "The goddamn police sent my dealer off to jail. How am I supposed to get weed now? This is such a fucking disaster!"

I snorted. I knew that Michael did drugs because I had once heard a phone call between him and Kyle about it. I found it odd and amusing that he was so open about these things, but I did not really mind. The fact that he liked to get stoned could bother some people, but I did not care one bit.

"Hello to you too, mate," Kyle exclaimed as he started to laugh. He rolled his eyes and said to a desperate and fearful Michael in a mocking manner, "You could always stop smoking pot, you know?"

"No, thanks," Michael said as he smacked Kyle on the head. Then, he turned to glance at me, and his brown eyes glistened as he took a long look at me. He crossed his arms over his chest and licked his lips as he spoke, "Well, hi there. I didn't see you there. You must be Megan. Oh, sorry, should I call you princess?"

"Oh my God, no. Just call me Megan," I said as I chuckled and shook my head. I peered at Kyle and raised my eyebrows at him as I wondered, "Do you go around telling everyone about the dumb pet names you call me? Because that is so sad."

"Please, you love those pet names, princess," he taunted me. I took my bottom lip between my teeth to hold back from laughing with him, but as he placed his arm around my shoulder and tickled me on the stomach, I begun to snicker in a silent manner. "Come on, tell me how much you like them."

"I love them," I admitted as I pressed myself against him and embraced him in a warm hug. He returned the gesture and gave me a quick and sweet kiss on my forehead. I heard a groan come from Michael as he looked down at the ground to avoid the sight of us.

"Stop being a couple, will you?" he snarled at us, and I took a step back from Kyle with a small smile on my lips. Michael seemed less annoyed now that there was some distance between me and his best friend, and he offered me his hand to shake. "It is such a pleasure to meet you. I have been wondering who in the right mind would date this bastard."