26: Love.

Megan Crawford.
Friday, August 28th 2015.
19:28.

"Why would you punish yourself by listening to this?" I said as soon as I walked into the familiar red car. Kyle was behind the wheel, wearing a brown coat and some jeans, since it was cold outside. I kissed him on the cheek and then glanced at the dials with a frown, wondering why he would want to hear the annoying things that this radio station played. "What is this music?"

"This song is called Drag Me Down by One Direction," he explained to me with a smile. Then he gave me a shrug of his shoulders as he reached his hand to turn up the volume, wanting to bother me. "I think it is good."

"I will just ignore the fact that you said that and move on with my life," I decided as I shook my head at him. "Bands are amazing, I will grant you that. But when I say that, I am talking about old bands. The Beatles, The Doors, Rolling Stones."

The car was just in front of my house, since Kyle had come to look for me. He had called about twenty minutes ago to tell me that he wanted to show me this place. Even though he had given me the address, I was not sure where it was, but he claimed it was amazing. I did not know how he had seen spots in town that I had never even heard of, I was the one that lived there. But I supposed his sister had shown him everything, and she had been around Blackford for longer than I had. Kyle pulled me out of my thoughts as he chuckled, "You are such a hipster.

It took me a minute to get that he was talking about my taste in music. I nodded my head, because I knew that it was true. The song that was on the radio came to an end and I sighed in relief. I ran my fingers through my brown hair, it was wet from the shower, and pleaded, "Can we listen to the music on my phone instead?"

"Fine," he muttered. "But play some Nirvana."

"I only have songs from Nevermind," I admitted as I got my phone out of the pocket of my black leather jacket. He rolled his eyes at me, disappointed, because that album was the one that everyone knew, since it had all the famous tracks. I gave him an apologetic look and said, "Sorry. I'm just not in love with the them, you know?"

"Bleach has some good songs," Kyle said, turning towards the road and beginning to drive away from my house. "And In Utero does too. You should listen to them, princess. The nineties were some good times."

"If you say so," I murmured. We were quiet for a moment as I looked for a song that he would not complain about. I decided on Lithium by Nirvana, since I knew Kyle would appreciate the fact that I was giving his favorite band a chance. I never listened to them much, because they were not quite my style, but I had to admit that they were good.

As he drove, he murmured out all the words to the music, which amazed me because it was hard to understand what the main singer was even talking about. Some time passed, and as I glanced out the window, I saw some tall and green trees, and realized that we were in the woods. When I questioned him, he said that we were still not there and the beautiful place we were heading towards was still a bit far. As a matter of fact, seventeen more minutes went by before the car came to a stop.

He walked out before I even knew what was going on, since I had been just about to fall asleep. But I blinked, and then opened my door too, looking around me with tired eyes. We were on a hill, overlooking town. The sun was setting right there, painting the skies a mesmerizing combination of orange and blue. I smiled a bit as I turned to Kyle, he was standing there with his hands behind his neck and his eyebrows raised. I chuckled as I said, "I have heard of this place, it is a well-known spot in this hideous town. People come here to fuck in their cars."