Chapter 22: Bonding

I have good news!!!! I am on break right now so I'm able to update more often!!! I apologize that the previous chapter was short! I tried to make this chapter longer!

Until next time!!!!

Bye!!!! J

################################################################################

Chapter 22: Bonding

Ricardo P.O.V

I am on autopilot mode after I processed what the doctor has said about Sapphire being dead. I can't begin to describe the emotional pain I'm going through right now. I want to just break down and curse the fates for being so cruel but I have to think about my son who will need all the support and care I can give to get him through this tragedy.

He will have a hard understanding the fact that he will not be able to see or get his mother's love anymore. It is going to break my heart into little pieces when I have to explain that he will never see his mother again and see his tears and possibly in denial about his mother's death.

I am brought out of my thoughts when I find myself standing in front of Dante's room, my hands shaking from exhaustion emotionally as well as physically. I didn't even realize that I am done with speaking with that nurse about preparing Sapphire's body for her funeral.

I force my shaking hand to push down the handle and open the door. The first thing I see when I enter the room is my son who is still sleeping and that sitting or sleeping next to him is my secretary. As I walk closer into the room I can see that she is holding onto my sons hands like she is afraid he is going to disappear. My heart throb a bit as I realize she must also be in pain from losing her only sister who she has not met for years.

As I stand there looking at them I see that Miss Jones is shivering a little and I frown, she must be cold sitting in this room without a proper sweater so I walk towards the cupboard and open it to see the spare blanket I am looking for. So I grab it and walk towards Miss Jones and put the blanket over her gently so that I don't wake her up from her much needed rest.

She just unconsciously pull the blanket closer to her but didn't wake up so I went and sat down on Dante's other side. I didn't know how tired I was until I sat down on the cushion chair and instantly felt my eye lids are so heavy that after fighting to stay awake for a minute I gave up and let myself fall asleep.

I am startle awake by the sound of rustling of blankets so when I am awake enough to open my eyes I see that Dante is waking up. He is moving around the bed like he is trying to find a comfortable spot. I look out the window and see that it's late morning already and there is breakfast prepared on the table for Dante. A nurse must have came here early this morning and I was too tired to hear the nurse come in.

After a minute of moving around he opens his eyes and look around the room before he's eyes start to water and about to cry. So I quickly got up the comfortable chair and try to soothe him. "Hey it's okay nothing will hurt you here," I cooed at him while gently rubbing his head. He sniffles and looks at my face and did something that shocks me.

"Dada!" he cried with such happiness and hugs me as hard as he could. I am too shock as to how he seems to know that I am his father that I am frozen for a few seconds before I recover from my shock and hug him as well.

I squeeze him lightly and kiss his cheek while whispering soothing words to stop him from crying. Even my eyes went a little misty as this is the first time I am bonding with my son since he was born.