Chapter 11: New Discovery

Scarlett P.OV.

As soon as I heard his deep booming voice I froze and so did everyone else on the floor but when they realize he is not mad at them they continued with what they were doing while trying to hear what the boss is mad about. I turn around having a déjà vu moment. I'm pretty sure something like this happened before but before I could recall when this happen Mr. Giovanni continued talking in an angry tone.

"What are you ladies doing here talking and not doing your work?! This is the second time I caught the five of you slacking off. Do you know how many work you can get done with the time you just waited? Well?" he asks us.

I was just speechless and did not know how to answer him. From the corner of my eye I look at the sluts and they look like they just peed in their under wear. They so don't know how to control there fear of him while I am also afraid of him but I don't show it. I keep my face void of any emotion; waiting for him to continue with his lecture even though it is not my fault I said nothing.

He looks at us waiting for and answer then the leader of the sluts Veronica suddenly has the guts to speak but of course what came out of her mouth is nothing but lies. "It is not our fault. She is the one who is disturbing us from our work! We were just walking to our desk when she came in front of us and block our way!" Veronica said in her high pitch voice that even a deaf person can hear her.

Mr. Giovanni turns towards me with his piercing glare and looks like he is about to scold me but then in a calm voice he asks me "is it true?" I wanted to shout at him if he is blind for even considering that she is right when he himself saw that she was the one who was blocking my way but I held my tongue and kept my face neutral as I answer him calmly. "No. What Miss Veronica said just now was a complete lie". Her minions is about to argue with me but the boss interrupted them. 

"Enough! This had better the last time I catch the five of you slacking off. If I catch you one more time there would some serious consequences. Understand?"  He said in a hard tone. "B-but-" Veronica stutters trying to argue but the boss apparently had enough interrupted her and reprimands her.

"I had enough of you I know you just lied to me. Your desk is behind you to the right so Miss Jones could not possibly be blocking your way. If I see you making problems or lie to me one more time you will be fired on the spot. Understand?" He said to her in a steely voice. Veronica paled almost turning white under all her make up. Her minions also paled looking very terrified and they were trembling.

"Understand?!" the boss raised his voice at her and she stammers a "yes sir". I was just enjoying watching Veronica getting threatened by the boss with a smug small smirk on my face when he turns towards me demanding me to get his schedule for today ready and wait until he calls me to his office for further notice.

I just nodded and said "yes sir" then walk around the sluts to get to my desk without looking behind me. As soon as I got to my desk I quickly check my email for any important that I miss. Lucky for me nothing to serious happened while I was away. Once I finish that I check his schedule for today and sort it then print it out. I manage to finish within an hour so I relax a bit before the boss calls for me.

When I am relaxing did I realize that I still have my job and that he did not replace me someone else. I was too caught up with my nerves then with Veronica to notice that he has not fired me. I was doing the happy dance in my head when there is notice in my computer saying I have a new email. I cleared my head and got ready to work but when I open the mail it is from Beth asking me to watch the video she sent me with the email.