Chapter 29: Surprise

Well here is the last chapter of this story!! I can't believe the story is almost finished! I will upload the epilogue either tomorrow or the day after! Thank you so much for all your support! It means to world to me to have people reading and enjoying my story!!!

Until next time!!!

Bye!!! J

#####################################################################

Chapter 29: Surprise

Scarlett P.O.V

I am currently knitting a blanket for Dante's fifth birthday since he told me he wanted one when he saw it on TV. So I decided to knit him one for his birthday and it is going to take me about two months to complete it. I am only half done but still have two months left until Dante's birthday. Ricardo and me decided to have a small family gathering for Dante's birthday this time.

Thinking about Ricardo has me thinking on how our relationship grow everyday since the dinner three months ago. We are actually dating and I am still adjusting to calling my boss by his first name. But he was the one who told me to call him by his first name a month after we started to date. I will not find a man as caring and attentive as Ricardo have been these past two months. He even said the three-letter word yesterday when I was playing with Dante. I look at him shock thinking I miss heard but he repeated it again. I was blushing so hard and turn my head from his face to try and hide my blushing face from him.

Of course it was awkward at the beginning but gradually we got more comfortable with each other. But even though he told me he loves me I don't think he's ready to further our relationship as I'm sure he still loves Sapphire a lot and misses her as sometimes I see him staring at nothing with a sad expression on his face. But lately he has been smiling more and is genuinely happy.

I can't get enough of watching him spend time with Dante, as that is when he is happiest. He doesn't hold back anything and just be completely relax when he is around his son. In these past two months we have only been on a few dates, as he does not want to leave Dante alone. So most of the time we bring him with us to the park or restaurant and give him some toys to occupy him so that Ricardo and me can talk with each other.

Because of Ricardo and me getting closer these past two months he has decided to relieve me of my duties as his secretary to being Dante's caretaker. He explains why he does this and how he is always worried about Dante being without him.

I was a bit upset at first then I understand what he is trying to say and anyway I do want to spend more time with Dante so I agree. So here I am at Ricardo's house, knitting a blanket while Dante is taking his afternoon nap. He is so hyper that I am sweating trying to catch him and make sure he doesn't injure himself. I think I lost a pound today from running around.

After an hour of knitting I look at the time and its already 5:00pm, so I need to wake Dante up and give him lunch that was prepared by the maid. So I put the blanket that I was knitting into my bag, then I get up and walk to towards the bed where Dante is still sleeping in the middle of the bed. He looks so cute that I thought to let him sleep but then I thought how he will get hungry so with a heavy heart I gently shake him to wake him up to have lunch.

"Dante, time to wake up," I crooned in his ear and giggle when he scrunches his face and mutter something but not waking up. "Fine then sleep. I will just eat all the lasagna," I told him. It works all the time, as soon as I said lasagna he is up and blinking up at me. "Lasagna where," he asks sleepily. I just shook my head at him I will never understand his obsession with lasagna.

Whenever he hears the word lasagna he starts to drool and demands to eat it and won't stop demanding until we give him lasagna. He sounds just like his dad when he demands for something and he also almost got his father's piercing stare down pat. I am brought out of my reverie when Dante starts to whine. "If you want your lasagna you better wash your mouth first," I instruct him.