Chapter 2: First Impression

Scarlett P.O.V.

"Surprise!!"

I took a surprise step back. After I recover from my momentary shock I see that it was only my best friend Bethany. "You idiot!! You nearly gave me a heart attack! What are you doing here so early?! I thought you were coming later tonight?" I said a little mad at her. "Sorry! I just wanted to surprise you when you got home and I can wait for you to tell me how you quit your work!" she said excitedly. "You did quit your work right?" she suddenly ask with her eyes narrowed on my face. "I can assure you that I quit and will tell you all about it after I have a nice bath and something have something to snack on" I answer her.

She moves to the side so that I was able to get inside the house."Good! I'm thinking of celebrating by ordering pizza and watching a DVD" she said while skipping to the kitchen to grab the house phone. "Okay I'm just going to shower first" I told her while walking to my bedroom to find my pajamas and then went to the bathroom for my shower. I locked the door then took off all my cloths and step inside the bathtub. I open the water making sure it was warm. Then I took a shower washing my face repeatedly trying to get the feeling of my old boss's hand on face. Once I was satisfied I closed the water took the towel that hanging on the door to dry myself and put on my pajamas.

I got out of the bathroom my hair is still damp but whatever I am too tired too dry it. On my way to the kitchen I stop by the washing machine to put my dirty clothes. It was half full so I switch it on then went to the living room seeing Bethany already searching for a movie at the DVD cupboard with the pizza on the coffee table. It must have arrived when I was in the shower and I didn't hear the doorbell. "So what are we watching?" I ask while flopping on the couch." We are watching The Avengers" she said enthusiastically while showing me the DVD. Figured she loved that movie only because Chris Hemsworth was in it. She is crazy about that guy. "But before we watch you have to tell me how you quit and what the boss's reaction to you quitting" she demanded.

I rolled my eyes and told her everything that happens after I hang up the phone. She was just intently staring at my face while telling my story getting pissed at the part I told her about what my boss told me to do. "How dare that creep even think to blackmail you into going to dinner with him!" she fumes as I finish my story. I brush of her comment "I don't know what goes through inside that brain of his and I don't want to know". "But still-""I don't want anything to do with him anymore so can we please drop the subject" I pleaded with her.

"Fine" she huff. "At least change your house" she advises me. "Why?" I ask skeptically looking at her as if she's grown to heads. Know she roll her eyes. "Because the creep has your house address. You don't what he will pull now that he desperate". My mouth turns to an O just realizing that her words were true. She shrugs "you can find a house that is closer to your new job so that you don't have to wake up so early and be late".

I nodded "your right. I didn't think of that". She scoffs "you can't think of anything that doesn't come and hit you in the face". "I am wounded I do think about stuff like how you look at any hot guy like you want to eat them" I said in an overly hurt voice. We both burst out laughing. Then we joke around for a bit then we watch the movie until I fell asleep.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I woke up the next morning when I felt the sunlight shine on my face through the curtains that I didn't close properly. I groan my back feels stiff and open my eyes seeing my messy living room from the sleep over yesterday. Pillows were scattered everywhere pizza box lying on the ground. I look around for my Bethany and found her pass out on the carpeted floor. I stretch and yawn getting up from the couch to go to the bathroom for a shower.