Chapter 1: I Quit

Scarlett P.O.V.

I was rushing to get ready for work straightening my blouse and skirt. I was running a little behind time because I accidentally set my alarm at the wrong time.

Once that was done I quickly grab my handbag, work bag, and house key and scurried out the front door barely managing to lock the door before rushing to my car which is a Volkswagen.

I didn't want to be late and give my boss the opportunity to call me to his office to harass me. This has been going on ever since I made a little mistake on a project he gave me. His punishment for was to sexually harass me and I can't do anything about it because he threaten to fire me if anybody finds out.

You're probably thinking 'why not
quit?'

You see this is the only job that I was able to get that was enough to pay my house rent and my daily necessity.

But I found a new job as a secretary at this worldwide famous company well more like my best friend Bethany found it for me. She's such a sweet heart that any girl is lucky to have her as a best friend. I can't do much without her help.

Anyway as soon as I confirm got the job I am quitting my current job. I reach the building with five minutes to spare I breath a sigh of relief technically I wasn't late. I promptly park the car at the employee parking space and got out reaching for my stuff at the backseat of the car and hurriedly went inside the building and reach the elevator.

"Wait" I said loudly to the person inside the elevator. She heard me and held the elevator until I got inside. "Thank you" I said to her gratefully. " Running a little late?" she asked. "Yeah" I replied sheepishly. Now that I look properly I recognize her, she is one of my colleague her name is Natasha. She is one of the nicer women out of all the other women.

'Ding' the elevator reach my floor and the door slowly open as if mock me. I got out as fast as I can without tripping and said a quick goodbye to Natasha. I reach my desk and quickly open my computer to sign in for the day and to check if I have any important mail I need to reply to. A few hours later I finish the work that was left unfinished yesterday and it was lunch time so I stretch to get rid of my stiff muscles then grab my wallet and phone and went to the cute little cafe near the office to have lunch.

I was enjoying the spaghetti and the peace and quite when my phone rang. I was a little irritated. I checked the number it was Bethany. I answer the phone rather rudely. "What!"

"Is that the tone to talk to someone who has good news for you" my best friend Bethany answered with a fake hurt voice. I rolled my eyes "sorry! did I hurt your feelings" i said sarcastically. "Whoa! someone woke up on the wrong side of bed today" she teased. "If you must know I am having a nice and quiet meal when you disturb me. You better have something important to say and please let it be not about a blind date again" I said exasperatedly. The last one she set up was terrible that I didn't want a repeat of. "Oh come on, it wasn't that bad. Your exaggerating" she said nonchalantly.

"Not bad! The guy you set me up with was almost old enough to be my father! He picks his nose then eating his food without wiping his hand on the napkin!".

"Okay! Okay! It was bad but to my defense he said he was a little older than you" I was just about to reply that she should have make sure he is who he says he is but she quickly said "I can assure that it is not about that I call to tell you that you got the job you start next Monday!" I squeal with joy my previous irritation with her gone. "Are you sure?!" I asked needing her to be 100% sure that I got the job.

"Of course, I'm sure or else I wouldn't have called you silly!" she squeal. Then we both squeal and started talking about what I needed for my new job and we both agree I need to do a little shopping. When I look up people at the cafe was staring at me I guess because I was too loud. I lower my head and said thank you to her more quietly. "You better quit that job today" she said sternly.

She's the only one who I told about my boss harassing me that's why she is so determined to get me a new job and away from the pervert. "Of course! In fact I will quit right after I finish my lunch" I said cheerfully. "Good. Call me once you got home. I'll come over so that we can celebrate!" she said just as happy as I am. "I will! see you soon!" then I end the phone call and continue to eat my spaghetti my mood lifted.

After I finish my food I call the waitress and paid for the food and drinks. Then left to the office building. I arrived at my desk and was just about to sit on my chair when my name is call to go the boss's office. I roll my eyes what did I do know. Whatever I need to talk to him anyway this is perfect. I got out of my chair and walk to the boss's office.

Ignoring the glares I got from the other women. I mean come on he's freaking old enough to be my father for god sakes! I guess that's what you call a gold digger.

Once I reach his door I knock. "Come in" the boss instructed. I open the door there he was sitting on his leather chair like he owns the world. I suppressed I snort at my thoughts. "You wanted to see me sir" hating that I had to be polite to him but I have to at least for a little longer. "Ah yes! Scarlett come in have a seat" he point to the chair in front of him.

I walked in and sat on the cushion chair. His office is nothing to brag about it was quite plain actually consist of an olden style bookshelf that was filled with books and files on the right, a brown side table to your left and last but not least the big wooden table in the middle of the room.

He cleared his throat got up from his chair and walk around his desk so that he was in front of me. "How is the work I give you recently" he asked politely but I didn't buy it he was up to something. He is never nice unless he wants something from you. I've learnt from experience. "Fine" I answered short and clip.

He was staring at me like he was trying to mentally undress me. I shivered at that thought. He smile. " Just say what you call me here for" I said having a bad feeling about this. "Short tempered as always. I just call you here to tell you that I am picking you up at 7 from your house tonight for dinner. Be sure to dress in fancy dress" he said like it was normal to tell your employee that your taking them to dinner without asking their permission. "Bu-but you didn't even ask me!" I said outrage that he could even think to take me anywhere especially without asking me first.

"I don't need to. If you don't do as I say your fired" he said smirking smugly and leaning forward to caress my face with his fingers and pushing a strand of my hair behind my ears.

I smack his hand away and stood up abruptly from the chair. "I don't care anymore go ahead and fire me. There is no way I am going with you for dinner" I said to him with disgust in my tone.

He was surprise at my sudden outburst. "Your job-" I cut him off
"you can't threaten me anymore. I have been waiting for a while to say this".

I took a deep breath. "I quit!"

I storm out of his office leaving him shocked with his mouth hanging open and slam his door. Serves him right with that thought I went to my desk with a genuine smile on my face. Finally after the whole year of suffering from him I'm finally free.

I quickly pack all my stuff from the desk double checking if I miss anything. After I was sure I got everything I made my way to the elevator once again ignoring all the stares and whispers I was receiving from everyone. By the time I reach home it was about 6pm. I was so ready to just relax and watch a movie. I switch off the car got out and went to the car boot to get all my stuff. I walk to the front door of the house about to insert the key when the door suddenly open with whoever was inside shouting

"Surprise!!"

###########################

This is my second attempt to write a story hopefully it was better than the other one. So ya hope you like the chapter and sorry for any grammar mistakes. I am to tired to recheck it know.
Hopefully I'll update again tomorrow.

Bye!!!