Chapter 9: All Is Revealed

Bethany P.O.V.

I open my eyes but quickly close it back because it is too bright. I blink a couple of time adjusting to the brightness. Once my eyes are adjusted I look around and all I see around me is white and I seem to be on a bed. I tried to lift my head but immediately fell back on the bed. My head felt like it was hit with a hammer. My head is pounding moreover I am having a headache. I look around as much as I could and figured out that I am in a hospital. I mentally slap myself in the face of course I am in the hospital the whole white color should have given it away.

Then I heard the door opening so I turn my head in the direction of the door. It is a guy that is about middle age with brown hair and kind face who I am guessing is a doctor because he is wearing a white lab coat. He look up from his clipboard to me and see that I am awake he smiles brightly at me. "You're awake Miss Collins. That's good" he said while jotting something down on the clipboard. "Where am I? Why am I here? What happened to me?" I ask him anxiously. "One question at a time" he said while he raises his hand in a surrender manner. He seems to be the laid back type of doctor and not the strict doctors that follow the rules 100% which I am grateful to have him other than the strict doctors.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when he introduces himself. "My name is Dr. Anthony Stark but you can call me Tony. I will be your doctor until you are discharged from the hospital. You were brought here at Madeline Hospital two days ago. You were brought here unconscious because of an injury at the back of your head and a couple of bruises and scraps but fortunately it was not a serious injury. You were able to heal with a bit of rest" he explained. No wonder my head feels like it got it by a hammer but I could not remember what happen for me to get all this injury. The last thing I remember was I just finish working at my office and was about to go to Scar's house after that it is all blank. He must have seen my confused face because he explained further.

"I am guessing you do not remember what happen to you before you were brought here" he said and I nodded telling him he is right. "I am not surprise with a blow to your head like the one you got I am surprise you did not get amnesia you got lucky" he said in a cheerful voice.

I paled.

I could have had amnesia and forgotten everything about myself moreover the people I care about. I sent a prayer of thanks to the gods for not making me have amnesia. The Doctor or should I say Tony continued his explanation. "You apparently got kidnapped by someone and tortured though not as bad as your friend who is still unconscious moreover nearly died but was brought here in time to save her" he said in a somewhat relief tone. Scar I thought and there were flashes of images in my head about what happened that I forgot. I gasp when I remember most of it. My head is pounding and hurting remembering something.

I am clutching my head when Tony see that I am in pain he quickly went to my side and ask me to take the pill that is in his hand with a glass of water that was at the bedside table. I took the pills and swallow it all in one gulp with a mouthful of water. After a few minutes later my headache slowly disappears and I am able to focus again. "Are you okay?" Tony asks in a worried tone. I just nodded not able to speak properly yet. "That is good. I know you have more questions and there is a police officer here that will explain everything that had happened and also asks you a few questions. He will answer your entire question. I will call him now if you want" he asks. "Yes" I muttered my voice still not fully recover. "Okay. Wait for a few minutes while I call him to come here" he said while walking to door. Once he got out of the room he closed the door behind him.

Once he close the door I started trying to remember everything starting from the last thing I recall and what happened next but it is frustratingly fuzzy. I am only able to recall a few images of Scar getting tortured by some guy wearing black clothes anything other than that is fuzzy and I get a migraine trying to remember so I stop trying for now seeing as it will be useless and wait for the police officer to arrive. He will know some of the answer to my questions. A few tears escape my eyes when I remembered what Tony told me about Scar nearly dying and would have died if the ambulance got to the hospital a few minutes later. I only had to wait for a few more minutes when the police officer arrive knocking on the door asking for permission to come in which I said yes for him to come in. Once he has my permission to come in he open the door and greeted me with a warm smile and a good afternoon.