Chapter 2

Avi's POV

I pulled into my apartment almost relieved to see her car was missing. I hate to admit that I like her better when she isn't around... I was able to relax for about fifteen minutes opened a beer watched some TV, when the front door opened.

"Where the hell have you been?!?" She shouted

"I'm good thanks for asking, and you?" I didn't even look in her direction.

"Really Avi?" she huffed "What is your problem?"

"I don't have a problem, dear. What's your problem?" I sighed turning towards her.

"MY problem is how totally inconsiderate you're being lately!" she dropped her purse down on the table. "You couldn't pick up ONE of my calls?"

"No I couldn't!" I raised my voice, "I've had a long busy week and I just wanted some time to be alone and think for a bit ok? I figured you would have left a message if there was some emergency... but you didn't so..."

"Where were you today?" she crossed her arms

"Where were YOU today?" I stood up.

"I had errands myself, I figured I'd contribute to this household and pickup some food!" she snapped pointing to the grocery bags. "Don't change the subject."

"Did you get those groceries at Kirstie's place?"

She froze.

"What?" She said turning away to start putting the food into cabinets

"Amber? What where you doing at Kirstie's this morning?" She stopped and squinted her eyes at me.

"You didn't answer MY calls but you talked to Her today?"

"Why'd you go over there today?" I persisted.

"Ugh, that Bitch!" she huffed under her breath.

"HEY!"

"WHAT?"

"Don't talk about her like that, she's my friend..." it was quiet between us I wish I could tell what she was thinking. "Look, whatever is going on between us, it's JUST between YOU and ME! Please don't bring others into this ok?"

"Sorry..." she said

"I'm sorry too... I know I should have answered you today."

She finished unloading the food and sat next to me on the couch. I finished my beer. We were able to make small talk while fixing diner and the meal went alright. Around 8pm Amber got ready to head to the gym. She likes to workout at night. I gave her a small peck on the lips, trying to keep the peace, as she walked out.

Kirstie's POV

It was late in the evening and I just finished my workout at the gym, I decided to stay and use the showers there. The locker rooms were quiet as usual for this time of night and I thought I was by myself. When I finished I wrapped myself in my towel and opened the shower door. And there she was... Amber. I jumped I was so startled to see anybody waiting there let alone... her

"Hi Amber!" I said "You scared me for a minute!" She just looked at me. I stepped aside awkwardly and headed for the lockers to get dressed. That was odd. about 10 minutes later I was almost finished when I heard the water shut off and she stepped out in a towel to the lockers. There was more uncomfortable silence... Oh Shit! Maybe Avi told her that I told him that she told me that she was looking for him while she came over this morning... 

"Kirstin" I heard startled out of my thoughts.

"Yea?"

"I need to ask you something?" she turned away from me.

"Ok"

"Have you ever had romantic feelings for... my boyfriend?" She asked turning the lock on her locker.

I didn't know how to answer that. So I just repeated the question back to her: "Have I ever... Had Romantic feelings... for Avi?" I cocked my head to the side like a confused dog. She coyly kept quiet. I tended to have a nervous laugh in situations like this. She furrowed her eyebrows as I started to giggle. She was serious... I cleared my throat. "Umm no?" which wasn't true. "I mean... years ago... When we first met... I may have had a little crush on him" I said "But that was back when I was a kid myself!" I chuckled. 

"Do you still feel that way about him?" she said coldly

"Avi is one of my closest friends..." I sad while shaking my head 'no'. Which didn't quite answer her question but I'm afraid she got the answer she was looking for...

 "Oh never mind!" she giggled "sorry I asked." we both shared an awkward laugh. I zipped up my bag and headed out shouting goodbyes. 

I suddenly felt very nervous. Partially because of the way she's been acting towards me lately. Partly because I was afraid that maybe her dislike of me would affect my friendship with Avi. And partly because for the first time in years I was feeling those familiar butterflies that Avi used to give me when I was 19... I had forced myself to forget about him that way and those feelings. Suddenly I couldn't think about anything else. Avi is one of my best friends. I admire him and love him like a brother... But his smile, and his laugh... His kind heart... I feel weak... Maybe it's something I ate... Maybe I'll be over it tomorrow... Yea... This is just a faze... Avi has a Girlfriend... and in me, just a friend. And I'm happy with that.

A/N: Another short one but necessary backstory. Hope you liked the arguing!