Chapter 14

A/N: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! The comments that where left on chapter 13 where SO inspirational! I wasn't feeling all that confident about 13. Sometimes after typing so much, you look back and it feels like you've written nothing at all... But to hear what you's really like seeing, reminds me that I'm at least headed in the right direction, and helps me better plan the following ones! Thanks Again!!

Kirstie's POV:

We've been given a slight break from PTX related work. The producers are in the final stages of polishing and finalizing our new album. Which may or may not require us to occasionally pop into the recording studio for some last minute changes. This means that for the next few weeks, the five of us are really focusing on our personal lives before we are literally thrown into a crazy press frenzy when the album finally drops. This is all perfect timing for Avi and I. 

The other day, Avi spoke with my landlord who (desperate to rent out his vacant spaces) was surprisingly quick processing his application and getting back to him to talk about money. After all was said and done: payments made, checks cleared, dotted lines signed, hands shook... Avi was handed a key. Here we stand, in the middle of a room, almost identical to my living room, staring at the white walls with goofy grins on our faces.

"How does it feel, Mr Kaplan?" I say, holding a pretend microphone to his face.

"It feels great Ms. Maldonado!" He said. He lifted me off of the ground and spun a few times (his favorite move to use on me). We rocked back and forth embraced in a hug, "It feels really good," he whispered. Something was new, fresh about Avi lately. I'd like to be able to take credit for some of his new found happiness. Nonetheless, his joy fills my heart. I am so happy for him.

Avi's POV:

Kirstie offered to help me move, of course. But I definitely didn't want to find out how Amber would react to her presence... judging by the way she reacted when I mentioned her name last... I went ahead and hired movers with a van. Amber had been nice enough to move all of my stuff into the living room. When we arrived I knocked, even though I had a key, this wasn't my place anymore. 

She came to the door and let us in. There was a guy there. Didn't know who he was, I'd never seen him before, didn't bother to ask. He could be her new boyfriend. Don't know, Don't care. Amber didn't bother to introduce him, she did however make a point to laugh loudly at the things he said, and was sort of on the flirty side with him. If she wants me to think she's happier without me, then I glad to see her that way. I'm happier myself, I want her to be happy too...

The workers closed up the van outside. There was an awkward silence in the room as I stood there sliding the key off of it's ring. I placed it in her hand then turned an closed the door behind me. I was free. That was the last shackle, and it has finally broken. New girlfriend, new apartment, new album, new start, new Avi.

The movers brought the last of the furniture into my new place. I always liked to do something nice for workers who come into my home, so I ordered a few extra pizza's for them to take for lunch. I really appreciated their help. Of course I had considered asking Kevin, or the guys to help move. I remembered that if they new I was moving that there would be more questions about why. I really wanted to ease into this whole 'Kit and I are a couple' thing. Speaking of Kit, she was in the kitchen, putting my dishes and silverware away. She had been a HUGE help! I handed her a credit card and sent her Bed Bath & Beyond, and told her not to come back with anything pink... She helped me buy a new bed, and a few things for the living room. There's a lot I still needed, but we figured we'd spend most of our time at her place anyway.

I was glad to know that my love was only one staircase away from me if I needed her, or if she needed me.

KIrstie's POV: