Chapter 19

A/N: 2,000 READS! YAY!! Special thanks to PTXual msmith738 ObsessedwithAvi CherrynZefic @IdgafKaplanLynch for you're votes and comments! For making me laugh, and being my internet friends! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! As always, I appreciate every vote and comment and everyone who reads and likes my writings! Many many thanks!!  

Avi's POV:

Emotionally, we're healing. well, we're closer to being healed than we were two nights ago in the E.R. We were sad and didn't speak much to each other. She didn't even want me to touch her that night. But as we lay there, I could here her crying until she fell asleep. Poor girl. We knew that everything would be alright. We even knew that perhaps we'd be better off this way anyway. Even with that in mind, we were still heavy with loss.

Yesterday was slightly better. Kirstie was ready to return to her apartment, so we moved her and Olaf back down there. She asked me to run to the grocery store for a few things. As I was shopping I got a text from Kirst, it was a video of Olaf rolling around in a pile of freshly cleaned sheets, warm from the dryer. I was so happy I could cry as I heard her laughter in the background. When I came back I was surprised to see that joy was still with her. She smiled up at me, the first smile in forever, as she lay on the ground with Olaf in her arms. We would be okay after all.

Kirstie was sick. Very sick, as her body tried to recover and clean up after a two month pregnancy. She was in pain from cramps, and still couldn't seem to keep any food down. When she saw her own doctor again, she was ordered to a week of bed rest. That's exactly where she's been, in bed, watching Friends. I felt bad, the only way I could help was to bring her bowls of ice cream, which she insisted was more than enough. Still, I wish I could heal her, take her pain away, all of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I made an executive decision (meaning I did it without Kirstie's permission). I decided to tell the gang what was going on. It was time.

I swung by Esther's place where I surprisingly found everybody else. She called to let me know that our new PTX merchandise had come in and I wanted to see it. I guess that's why Kevin and Scömìche were there too. I hadn't planned on saying anything just yet but when I saw them all, and they saw me by myself, there where questions.

"Where's Kirstie?" Mitch asked,

"Yea I thought I texted her?" Esther said looking at her phone.

"uh, she's sick..." I said, they just nodded quietly not thinking much more of it. But I decided to run with this opportunity. "Actually, there's something I need to tell you guys." everyone hushed and turned to listen. "Well, as you know Kirstie and I are together, uh... about two months ago we found out that she was pregnant." Everyone looked at me with large eyes, Esther's mouth hung open.

"Congrats man," Kevin said patting me on the back.

"Well thanks but, there's bad news too..."

"Oh no," Esther said as if she already knew what I would say.

"4 days ago... it was like 3 am, we had to go to the emergency room." I sighed, I could feel tears burning in my eyes already, "She miscarried," I looked around at their shocked expressions. Mitch covered his mouth as he teared up a bit too. Everyone looked troubled for us, and I didn't feel so alone anymore. 

"Oh my God, Avi I'm so sorry!" Scott said, I nodded looking at my feet

"It was a girl," I whispered I knew I was going to cry soon. Kevin stood and embraced me in a hug I didn't know I really needed. Esther hugged me next. She was crying too. "Thanks guys," I said "I really appreciate it."

"So hows Kirstie?" Scott asked

"Not good. We're better... I mean we're feeling better about the situation. But she's on bed rest," I sighed "She's pretty sick." I wiped a stray tear from my face. "I'm sure she'd like to see you guys soon!"

Kirstie's POV:

I stared out of my window, thinking of things I could do from this bed. I had just woken up from a short nap and my body wasn't showing any signs of improvement. I heard the front door open, knowing it was Avi. He poked his head through the door with a smile.

"Hey sweetheart!" he said,

"Hi, how'd it go?"

"It went well, theres someone here who wants to see you?" he said. I suddenly remembered my appearance, I didn't know that I really wanted to see anyone. He opened the door and came in. Two legs underneath a large cloud of purple balloons followed him in.

"Hi sweetheart!" Mitch poked his head out through the balloons.

"Hey babe!" Scott followed him in holding a large teddy bear. Then Esther, and then Kevin... The room was filled with people I loved and I didn't know what to do but smile like an idiot.

"What? What is all this?" I asked. Avi leaned down and kissed me, then placed a second one on my forehead.

"Ok share her!" Esther pushed him away, "Hi, love? How are you?" She hugged me tightly

"I'm-good?" I said I didn't know what to do with myself except laugh

"Ok, where's my hug?" Scott put the bear down next to me and hugged me, kissing my temple. I was so happy I could cry.

"What is everyone doing here?" I asked

"We came to see you!" Kevin was next to hug me "Avi told us about what happened so we had to come make sure you where ok." I looked to Avi who just shrugged at me.

They stuck around for a while, all sitting on the bed sharing stories and laughing. Taking my mind off of my worries. I had never felt so loved before. In spite of everything that we've endured I knew, without a doubt, that we'd be okay.

We'd be more than okay.

A/N: Next chapter will be the last for Misbehavin' and then onto Book 2!!