Chapter 16

A/N: Ok, I'm not saying this book will be ending soon, although I am in the process of planning for a second one ;-)

Kirstie's POV:

It's been a month since I told Avi about my being pregnant. He has been WONDERFUL! Avi Kaplan is a real gem. I've been nothing but sick all day, just about every day. My mood has also shifted... in the beginning, I was exhausted, and very irritable. Everything pissed me off... I've since, mellowed out considerably much. But still, Avi has been so patient, and understanding. I always knew he was a sweet man, but I didn't quite expect him to be so selfless.

I'm beginning to show a little. Only a little, but there is something to see. Also, my face is starting to fill in. Avi insists I have a 'pregnancy glow' but I don't even think I believe that exists. He's fascinated with this whole process. I mean, I'm sure he goes through a new wave of shock everyday. He still brings up that whole 'I'm somebody's dad' thing from time to time. He makes a point to bend down and plant a kiss over my navel every morning.

He even came to my last doctors appointment with me, which wasn't really necessary, it wasn't an ultrasound or anything. It was more like a physical, so the Obstetrician can really map my body's progress from beginning to end. He insisted on tagging along. Honestly, I'm glad to see his enthusiasm. I don't know why I imagined I would be alone through this, but I'm glad I was wrong.

Avi's POV:

I'm somebody's Dad. Can you believe it? I can't, not yet! I'm so in love with Kirstin, and so in love with our little family. 

Our next issue to tackle has been how to break this news to everybody. This is more daunting than sharing about our relationship in the first place. I told Esther our being a couple wouldn't interfere with our careers. Not that it's anyones business but... this baby will definitely affect our career... 

We still haven't told the fans that we're dating. Well, we've been dropping small twitter hints, and letting the followers think what they will... all of which are correct. Last week I posted a photo to Instagram of me and Kirst. I was hugging her from behind and kissing her cheek as she laughed. She hadn't realized I took that photo, but it's one of my favorites of us. I uploaded it with the caption: '-In with the new <3'. I know what you're thinking: That's a pretty ballsy move. We figured we'd leave it there, and decide to be a little more affectionate with each other during press situations... Hopefully this works, it could go terribly wrong, but fingers crossed!

One week later

Kirstie's POV:

We're back in New York City. The city that landed us in the beautiful mess in the first place. I was happy to be back. We still haven't told anyone about this pregnancy. Something in me wants to wait until the baby's born to start telling people... What? I thought about it...

Avi and I don't quite have time to think about ourselves very much. The original album dropped, Finally!! This whole experience has been magic! Appearing on late night talk shows, filming music videos, giving impromptu performances. signing things... signing everything! I still can't believe my life is this colorful! I couldn't be happier!

Avi and I experienced out first couple-related fan question during a Google+ Livestream. 

"Are Avi and Kirstie dating?" Scott read from the screen. The room fell quiet, and he and I kept poker faces. Of course Kevin's infectious laughter was the next sound to be heard. Pretty soon we were all tickled pink.

"I don't know Kit, are we?" He asked flatly 

"uuhh," I pretended to think, "I mean,"

"Oh my god, get married." Mitch interrupted. We all laughed again

"Yes, we are dating now," I smiled over at him, his cheeks turned pink.

"Yea, yea we're a thing now," he played with his beard thoughtfully. Avi was always quite reserved when we answered questions like this. Which I thought was so funny, it was so opposite of his usual persona.

Soon followed several requests for us to kiss, and other questions like: 'What took so long?' and 'Are you guys living together' and 'Have you read any fan fiction about yourselves.' I had... I think it scares Avi. 

Maybe we would address these questions one day. Baby steps, baby steps... 

Oh my God, 

I'm somebody's mom.